Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
I suck cause i have base
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this problem? The only Acura place close to me is just over an hour away.. yet.. 15 minutes from my house there is every dealership known to man.. ford chevy honda hummer vw lexus volvo.. the freakin works.. even a freakin dupont motors - http://www.dupontmotorsinc.com.. if you dont know what that is look. rediculious and honda refuses to do anything cause they are a bunch of A$$HATS.

I'm not joking when i say that Acura has got to be the ONLY dealership not on the strip that i live by.

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
Hobart, Indiana. Population 25,563

I don't know about you, but if I were to start an Acura franchise I wouldn't pick a town that can only fill 1/2 a football stadium. It's demographics... larger cities, more dealerships.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
sorry guy, just your luck. mine's about 20-25 mins depending on traffic and i thought that that's far. there's also brookfield acura near milwaukee, about an hr away.

best of all, king motorsports :thumbsup: is just 45 mins away.

·
ADVAN'S FTMFW!!!
2,905 Posts
I feel you too man, the closest to me in probably about 3 hours away. And the Honda dealership here won't even touch my car. I went there for the push clips for the trunk and they tried to tell me that the ones they have won't work
. I think that Honda and Acura need to have a talk about customer service.

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
I think there are 5 or 6 within 45 minutes of me.

Within 15 minutes theres Burrard Acura, Richmond Acura, and I can't remember the name of hte other.

·
I suck cause i have base
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I don't know about you, but if I were to start an Acura franchise I wouldn't pick a town that can only fill 1/2 a football stadium. It's demographics... larger cities, more dealerships.
Yea but if i wanted i can drive 15 minutes from my house and by a porsche or a hummer :bsflag:

·
Registered
326 Posts

Yeah, the local John Deere dealer probably gets a lot more traffic there. :D

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
Yea but if i wanted i can drive 15 minutes from my house and by a porsche or a hummer :bsflag:
Becuase believe it or not Porsche makes alot more margin on their cars, honda coroporate makes about 1,200 off of each car they make, porsche makes about $28,000 off each of their cars (read it in an article yesterday).

For each porsche sold honda would have to sell ~22.

Think about it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Anyone else have this problem? The only Acura place close to me is just over an hour away.. yet.. 15 minutes from my house there is every dealership known to man.. ford chevy honda hummer vw lexus volvo.. the freakin works.. even a freakin dupont motors - http://www.dupontmotorsinc.com.. if you dont know what that is look. rediculious and honda refuses to do anything cause they are a bunch of A$$HATS.

I'm not joking when i say that Acura has got to be the ONLY dealership not on the strip that i live by.

Haha man thats nuts. I read the thread title and i was like YEAH FUCK NORTHWEST INDIANA. Then I look at your location and you're in hobart and i'm like oh shit! Im from valpo, so yeah, I know how it is. I had to service both my car and my dads RL at McGrath in Westmont and it was a bitch. But oh well. Dupont Motors is pretty sick though... haha.

By the way, did I drive past you one day a few months ago. I think it was you, with your sister or gf in the car. I have the ABP:dontknow:

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
Like I said, it's DEMOGRAPHICS. Apparently it's feasible to put x dealership in your area, but not Acura. Why do you need one so badly anyway? If it means that much to you, move to a larger city like Chicago. You'll find 10 dealerships w/in a 20 mile radius.

·
Banned
725 Posts

that's cause you live in Indiana. what were you expecting???

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.