Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got an 04 RSX type s that I finally just got put back together after sitting for a year. I put on an RBC, Injen Cai, AEM fuel rail and kpro, it already had an obx header and I eliminated the iacv. Oh I also put a new timing chain and tensioner on and had the trans out to put new synchros in the trans and new clutch. I started it up and it's idling low from the iacv being deleted but when I go to rev it up sometimes it only goes up to 2000 rpm like its hitting a limiter but if I barely push the throttle I can get it to rev up like normal but if I stab the throttle it cuts out like it's not getting fuel. Anybody have this problem before or can maybe point me in the right direction? Thanks

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Yeah but your engine isn't stock. If you have no vacuum leaks, and you've adjusted the throttle set screw to compensate for the IACV, you need a tune. The only other thing I can think of is that fuel rail doesn't have a fuel pulse dampener like our factory one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I only chose the stock tune to start it. I took the pulse dampener off the stock rail and put it on this one. I haven't adjusted the idle yet. If I hold my foot on the gas it idles fine. Just if I give it to much throttle it will stop at 2000 like it's hitting fuel cut but if I just barely give it gas it will rev up just fine. Just not sure where to start because I've changed a bunch of things. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to calibrate the the tps thru kpro and it's -3.3 closed and 60 wot. I checked and it is opening and closing all the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts