Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lost in L.A.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I left my car alone for 3 weeks in my garage while I went on vacation. First thing when I came back the car would not start. When I turn the key, I hear tons of noise . . . like the motors trying to rev up. Then dies.

I ruled out the battery. Headlights are bright and fine.

Its almost as if there's no gas in the tank. (Yes, there is, meter's at 1/4 remaining) I finally ended up stepping on the gas, brake, and engage the clutch so that it feeds gas into the engine. Starts up, but a ton of soot comes out of the tailpipe.

The car is my daily driver, so it hasn't happened again since that incident. Then again, I'm also out of vacation days so it won't happen for a while.

Any ideas what could have happen? Fuel pipe? Dirty gas? Just letting my car sit in a garage for 3 weeks instead of letting it roam free on the open roads?

·
Registered
13 Posts
LOL a ton of soot coming out of the exhaust?

That definately doesnt sound good...check you're pistons.

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,240 Posts
So I left my car alone for 3 weeks in my garage while I went on vacation. First thing when I came back the car would not start. When I turn the key, I hear tons of noise . . . like the motors trying to rev up. Then dies.

I ruled out the battery. Headlights are bright and fine.

Its almost as if there's no gas in the tank. (Yes, there is, meter's at 1/4 remaining) I finally ended up stepping on the gas, brake, and engage the clutch so that it feeds gas into the engine. Starts up, but a ton of soot comes out of the tailpipe.

The car is my daily driver, so it hasn't happened again since that incident. Then again, I'm also out of vacation days so it won't happen for a while.

Any ideas what could have happen? Fuel pipe? Dirty gas? Just letting my car sit in a garage for 3 weeks instead of letting it roam free on the open roads?
your first mistake is ruling out the battery because the head lights work. even when shut off, the car consumes battery power. a weakened battery will drive small items like lights and the radio, but can't put out enough power to not only turn the starter, but also have juice remaining to run the fuel pump, injectors and ignition at the same time.

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
u should of changed the oil and put in new gas before starting up the car
Why would that matter? He said he had 1/4 of a tank left. It's not like the new gas is going to replace the old gas anytime soon. :dontknow:

Also, changing the oil for only 3 weeks of sitting? Sounds extreme.

·
Banned
5,791 Posts
get a new battery

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
check to make sure that nothing was living in your exhaust system while you were on vacation. Or in your intake........and now it's in your engine!!!

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts
yeah, 3 weeks isn't that much at all.

In fact this weekend will make 3 weeks since I last started my car. The only thing that has ever happened with me leaving my car in the garage for 3 weeks without starting was my battery died.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.