Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed both o2 sensors about a month ago with OEM products. Then it was throwing another code “Vtec Malfunction.” I changed the Vtec Solenoid and Oil Pressure Switch and reset the ECU and everything was dandy. The day after that, the CEL came on and it cut off. I reset the ECU and it was fine for about 3 weeks. Yesterday, on the way home, I was slowing down for a stoplight and I looked down and the CEL was on and it was idling low and trying to cut off on me. So I gave it gas, and went on. It was hesitating a bit but I made it the rest of the 5 miles to my house. As I pull in the road that I live on, it died on me, I lost ALL power of EVERYTHING. I cranked it back up, pulled in my drive way and reset the ecu. That didn’t work. So I let it sit for an hr and tried it again. When I started it up, the car made a weird “grinding” noise and it went away. It happened for about 3 seconds. I gave it gas and it was running really rich and nasty. It was hesitant and finally it cut off. It idles really rough. I’m waiting on an OBD2 scanner from a friend but what are your thoughts???

BTW- its a bone stock 02' base with 110k miles.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts