Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I got a NRG harness bar and am having install issues. First, I did get the 47" one- the correct fitment. Kit came with no instructions, so I checked the 'net. Problem is, bar does not seem to fit cleanly where it appears that it should go (connected to the front seat belt anchor). Tie rods go to lower seat belt anchor points?? None of the hardware/bolts provided are large enough to thread into the anchor locations; do I just use the factory seatbelt hardware? What is the correct connection for the tie rods to the bar? I have a bunch of spacers and no idea what goes where. Any help greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I installed a Braum harness bar in my DC5 and it didn't have any instructions, i just kind of used "common sense" to figure it out. I re used the bolts from the bottom of the seat belt and removed spacers as necessary. TBH there is really only one way the bar will fit. I put the mounts onto the seat belt bolts first and then mounted the harness bar to that afterwards. keep everything hand tight until everything is fitted and lines up, then clamp it all down. If you crank down on everything from the jump you'll almost certainly run into problems. I did have bolts left over that were included in the packaging but my bar is very secure and again i re used some of the factory bolts. hope this helps :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts