Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sleepy
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my car been throwing P0141 for a few months now. Tried ecu resets and what not, with no effect. Thing is, I'm going to be driving down to Chicago from Toronto this weekend. Should I go and buy a new secondary O2? Will it drastically affect my mileage or anything like that?

I'm currently averaging around 410KM per tank 9 km/L . All city though. Now is the mileage that bad compared to some of yours?

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
So my car been throwing P0141 for a few months now. Tried ecu resets and what not, with no effect. Thing is, I'm going to be driving down to Chicago from Toronto this weekend. Should I go and buy a new secondary O2? Will it drastically affect my mileage or anything like that?

I'm currently averaging around 410KM per tank 9 km/L . All city though. Now is the mileage that bad compared to some of yours?
Convert that to MPG

And the Secondary sensor doesn't affect gas mileage. It's for monitoring the effeciency of the cat.

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,240 Posts
the conversion factor is times 2.8 (CDN gallon) or 2.24 (US gallon). I get 10 km/l straight city, 15 km/l straight highway.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
21 mpg is really bad. Especially for a Base model.

·
Elite
7,105 Posts
Convert that to MPG

And the Secondary sensor doesn't affect gas mileage. It's for monitoring the effeciency of the cat.
:iamwiths:

the conversion factor is times 2.8 (CDN gallon) or 2.24 (US gallon). I get 10 km/l straight city, 15 km/l straight highway.
canadian gallon??? you mean imperial gallon?

How much do you get per tank?

According to this site

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/17408.shtml

21 mpg is exactly what its supposed to get for city driving.
don't look up that site. the best place to look for are the respective car forums. too many factors come into play when measuring gas mileage.

i get ~620km to a tank of gas and i have a type S and that too an 05. but i don't beat on it on a regular basis. my last car the 02 base auto never saw less than 475km to a tank.

·
fucks.given =< 0;
3,773 Posts
P0141 Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S) (Sensor 2) Heater Circuit Malfunction

Thats the heater on the secondary o2 which means its not monitoring when engine is cold. Unfortunately you have to replace the sensor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
P0141 Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S) (Sensor 2) Heater Circuit Malfunction

Thats the heater on the secondary o2 which means its not monitoring when engine is cold. Unfortunately you have to replace the sensor.
sry to bump old thread

i have the same code now, but does the 2nd o2 affect mpg? as it only monitors cat activity, i dont see how it helps to replace it

ts what did you end up doing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts