Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting this for my greddy rsx.....so what it basically does is cool down the temps at the IC by Co2? As far as I understand there would be no harm to my car so this seems like a great mod to keep reliability but to add a little extra power...what do you guys think?

· Registered
718 Posts
It's a good idea and beats having to worry about drilling holes in manifolds and stuff. It cools down the air before it reaches the manifold. Makes it ice cold. brrr

· Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For another 25-30 whp its def worth the money.....im looking to put up some big numbers off 10 psi and spray next week

· Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
K20A2 said:
The gains are quite good because of the drop an heat accross the intercooler. I have not heard what it will do on an RSX but the average seems to be between 25 to 50 horsepower depending on the mods done to the car.

Thats a significant gain....Wheres the cheapest place to pick up the kit? I might hit the dyno with one to see what kind of gains i can achieve

· Registered
9 Posts
nos spray

K20A2 said:
The gains are quite good because of the drop an heat accross the intercooler. I have not heard what it will do on an RSX but the average seems to be between 25 to 50 horsepower depending on the mods done to the car.
I'm getting one put on right now with the turbo on mine i'll let you know if there is a difference just give a couple of weeks to finish the process

· Registered
445 Posts
i have a pretty good question about this i believe. With the colder air you will need more fuel correct? so will you have to set the car rich if your going to run this? also on another subject reguarding this intercooler spray with the cybernation guardian be able to tune the air/fuel fast enough with this spray added every now and then? I am asking this because correct me if i'm wrong but when the air is colder and more dense the car goes into a lean state untill more fuel is added, so if you don't add more fuel and using this kit on a turbo car it will go BOOOMMM(we all know lean is a very, very bad thing). How would we get around this problem?

· Buttplugs?
225 Posts
To my understanding, if you are not very careful with spraying the intercooler, there is a good chance you may damage the core. Making it too cold can freeze it and possible crack the charge rails. Im sure it would be fine though, unless you spray the whole bottle on it all the time everytime you get it filled. Just my two cents.

· Internet Crack Dealer
22,304 Posts
master22 said:
i have a pretty good question about this i believe. With the colder air you will need more fuel correct? so will you have to set the car rich if your going to run this? also on another subject reguarding this intercooler spray with the cybernation guardian be able to tune the air/fuel fast enough with this spray added every now and then? I am asking this because correct me if i'm wrong but when the air is colder and more dense the car goes into a lean state untill more fuel is added, so if you don't add more fuel and using this kit on a turbo car it will go BOOOMMM(we all know lean is a very, very bad thing). How would we get around this problem?
That is a good question, since I have not personally tested the setup, I am not sure. I am wondering if the Hondata would be able to handle it now or in the future, if so that would clear a lot of worry up.

· _
197 Posts
master22 said:
You are correct...for absolute certainty, a different fuel curve would need to be used while spraying. Non-factory turbo setups seem to be prone to spiking as it is...running the spray as well without more fuel is just asking for trouble.

· Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
protocol said:
You are correct...for absolute certainty, a different fuel curve would need to be used while spraying. Non-factory turbo setups seem to be prone to spiking as it is...running the spray as well without more fuel is just asking for trouble.
Some slight tuning would be necessary for the Ntercooler kit to work properly but would def be worth it......

From what I understand, wont the ntercooler kit put an extra strain on the internals? 10 pounds of boost already puts a ridiculous amount of strain on the motor - wouldnt the denser air push the motor even harder?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.