Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· THE EVIL ONE
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I run a NX Wet kit 50 shot with the Hondata K-pro?

And since I have I/H/E, and tune the K-pro to run like Hondata #4, when I spray will they gains be on top of the "Hondata #4 like tuning"? Or will the K-pro tune the car down, so it will be like running spray with just my bolt-ons and I won't get the gains on top of the Hondata program #4 w/spray?

Hope that is clear

-Clay

· Registered
5,054 Posts
first, you don't have the k-pro, it supposely went on sale today. ;)

yes, you can do both, providing you set the thing up to retard timing back to around stock levels. Therefore you're gonna basically be running a 50 shot, no hondata, when you're on the bottle.

Hondata may chime in and correct me, but the gains from hondata are basically 100% from timing advance ( and leaning out the fuel maps ). without the advance..... you have no more power.

· THE EVIL ONE
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So now that it's cleared up that I don't have the k-pro, what would the gains be as opposed to the gains form Hondata #4 and a 50 shot?

And would it be worth it to get the Toda Kit and then spray? Low 13s all motor and push into the 12s with spray?

-Clay

· Registered
5,054 Posts
i'm not even the least bit familar with the toda kit at all, n/a is not really an option for me.

basically, hondata is a decent match for a 50 shot, so to speak. you're gonna have a lot easier time launching n/a than when spraying, but the extra power catches up in the end.

· don't know
614 Posts
02DSM_Type-S said:
And would it be worth it to get the Toda Kit and then spray? Low 13s all motor and push into the 12s with spray?

-Clay
im 99.9% sure you can't spray with the toda kit. i was about a day away from getting the toda kit, but never did for some reason........guess i couldn't justify paying $2,400 for the kind of gains it produced. but anyway, when you get the toda kit you send your ECU to get flashed, just like getting hondata.....and a fair amount of power it gained from advancing the cam timing. to run any real shot you have to have stock timing, or retard your timing (if your running something real big). i guess if you really wanted toda you could get the cams for $1,100....valve springs (don't know if you need them if you won't rev above 8k).....some adjustable cam gears.....and get some sort of detailed fuel mamagement system for fine tuneing and to get the most out of the cams. i guess with a set up like that you would be able to run nitrous.

thats just my 2 cents. if i am am way off please correct me. :dontknow:

· this is my inner child
1,186 Posts
02DSM_Type-S said:
Can I run a NX Wet kit 50 shot with the Hondata K-pro?
I believe I posted this in another thread you had posted, K-pro is meant to run with a dry kit not a wet kit. It adds more fuel to the engine when spraying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.