·
The Ominous One
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not the marks, its tryin to follow the pattern of randomly placed cones

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's not as hard as it seems. I just started this year and haven't missed a gate yet. That's not to say it will never happen. There are guys that have been doing it for a few years that miss on occasion. Once you walk through and get a parade lap it's pretty easy if you pay attention. I've read that you need to walk the course alone...I disagree. If you walk it with someone who isn't just jacking around I think you can help eachother and that way you can make sure you are entering/exiting the correct gates. If worrying about finding your way around is the only thing stopping you then you need to go. It took me 2 years to finally get my butt out there. I wish I would have started the very day I became interested.

·
The Ominous One
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good points..

well, for me its also only getting a few runs at 30-40 secs/pop.

i think ill stick to road racing... 20-30 mins at a time.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I understand the 30-40 secs a pop. That's why I go to the BMWCCA events where from the last two events my times have been 100 and 135 (secs). They usually average around 1 mile in length but the last one was 1.6 miles. I think the ftd's were 88 and 120 for the first two. At the first one we had 8 runs and the second we had 5.

I would like to go to a driver's ed at a road course but I can't really justify $300 for the event then whatever else for room and eats...not to mention gas to and from. $35 is easier on the wallet. :spin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts