Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right, a plug came loose. I have put it back together in hopes that this takes care of my problem. You guys wish me luck.

In the meantime, if you have had problems with your O2 sim, check all the connections.

GOOD LUCK!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I repaired the O2 sim, plugged it back in, then unplugged ECU fuse.

After this, I took the car for a spin. I drove around for about 30 minutes on various types of roads. I also stopped 4 or 5 times to shut the car off for a minute and turn it back on so I could get few key-cycles in.

Hopefully this thing will stay together and I won't have another issue, but that will not be known until the morning when I fire it back up.

As I said before, if you are having problems check your simulator's wiring. I don't doubt that it does not work. I think the craftsmanship is rather poor in the connections.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drove to work, no CEL.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LanceM said:
Good Luck!

Lance
Thanks man. Are those real LE37s? Are they heavy? Did you notice reduction in performance at all?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RSX Factor said:
How long have you had your sim?
I hav had it for a couple of months, but just put it on Friday. I threw a CEL Saturday, but did not check it out until last night. I decided I would try to extend the wires, but when I went to do that I noticed that one wire had come loose while it was on the car. I took it off and fixed the wire. I have driven it a few times since then with no CEL. We will see what happens over the next couple of days.

·
Jester of Tortuga
59,368 Posts
Yea, they are volk le37ts. They aren't real heavy. I never weighed them, but I figure they are pretty close to stock. I really don't see a loss in performance. All I can say is they look goood and the tires that I have on are sticky.

Lance

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
BigDawg said:
... I decided I would try to extend the wires, but when I went to do that I noticed that one wire had come loose while it was on the car...
Extend the wires??? I had plenty of slack in mine. :confused:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RSX Factor said:
Extend the wires??? I had plenty of slack in mine. :confused:
Because the 3rd bung for an O2 sensor is so far back on the Toda manifold, a lot of people are extending their wires on their O2 sims. Luckily though, I realized that I could just put it in the 2nd location and plug the third which I will use as a location for a lambda meter while on the dyno.

·
now on two wheels
6,467 Posts
BigDawg said:
Because the 3rd bung for an O2 sensor is so far back on the Toda manifold, a lot of people are extending their wires on their O2 sims. Luckily though, I realized that I could just put it in the 2nd location and plug the third which I will use as a location for a lambda meter while on the dyno.
speaking of dyno, have you had a chance to get to one with your current setup?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ArticDC5 said:
speaking of dyno, have you had a chance to get to one with your current setup?
Saturday, 9am

I'll tell you my results if you give me your wheels :D

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think that is such a fair trade :(

Of course mine wasn't either :tonguegri

If you don't mind me asking, how much more were the black TEs? I was thinking about ordering some black CE28Ns from Ray's, but I wonder how long it would take and how much more it would cost(I think $30 a wheel or so).

And by the way, I know you have done more since that pic, but in your sig your car looks badass.

·
now on two wheels
6,467 Posts
well my wheels took a hellalong time to get here, 4 months. also it is about 30 extra a wheel. the price is the killer, cost about 2300

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
ArticDC5 said:
well my wheels took a hellalong time to get here, 4 months. also it is about 30 extra a wheel. the price is the killer, cost about 2300
Wow! I only paid $970 for my Work Emotion CR Kais!

BigDawg, my CEL went back on today! I might order a Soldering gun for 50-60 dollars and just solder the wires myself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts