Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed/heard anything about this manifold?
OBX turbo mani

·
Registered
362 Posts
I used to have one on my B20 Integra, ran it for about 20K then I saw signs of cracking, but then on the other hand I started boostin heavily about 15+ lbs. A few of my friends have it, they are decent for small lbs of boost, I have heard they are crap but my buds and I have not experienced that problem. Umm however after running that manifold, spending an extra 50 bux or so more for Rev Hard or something is worth it, so if you plan on going high boost eventually, go with a better brand.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i hear the best way to make those reliable is to take them to a place and let someone go back over all of the welds.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Inprogress2 said:
i was told you could add support welds...didnt really understand it...anybody know what that means?

you basiclly weld braces from flange to flange to add strength to the welds on the runners, if you put enough force between flange to flange, the braces support the weight from the turbo from cracking the welds on the runners, etc etc. i asked the same question in honda-tech.com and look what they told me.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=865544

Damian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.