Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
So ive finally gotten a chance to install my header. The install was pretty straight forward and it seems to clear the sway bar but unfortunatly the adapter piece is about 2" to short. Right now my midpipe hanger is very streched and the exhaust dosent seem very comfortable. So now im going to have to call my local muffler shops to have either my adapter piece or midpipe extended. But at least everything else seems pretty good for the price for what i paid.
You bought the ep3 spec header and have an RSX-S spec exhaust. If you bought the RSX-S spec header you wouldn't have any fitment issues. I bought the OBX V2 ep3 spec header and it matches up perfectly to my ep3 spec exhaust(Apexi Noir). Just have your midpipe extended at an exhaust shop and you will be just fine, good luck.

·
05ep3 owner
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You bought the ep3 spec header and have an RSX-S spec exhaust. If you bought the RSX-S spec header you wouldn't have any fitment issues. I bought the OBX V2 ep3 spec header and it matches up perfectly to my ep3 spec exhaust(Apexi Noir). Just have your midpipe extended at an exhaust shop and you will be just fine, good luck.
That would make sense but i have a ep3 spec megan racing midpipe and had a oem header and cat which fit together perfect. But yes i do need to extend my exhaust and it will be fine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought the RSX one because it was $30 cheaper and I knew I was going to get exhaust anyways. But it was the inch or two to short. But a quick drive to the muffler shop and I was a happy camper.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
if your car has more than 50,000 miles, the front mount is gone anyway....get the front mount.

·
05ep3 owner
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Il have to check when i get home later. I wrote it down on the box it came in and i hope i still have it. I do remember the collector on the header is 2.5" then the test pipe starts 2.5" and the outlet flange is 1.8" which i have pics of on the first page

·
Registered
16 Posts
if your car has more than 50,000 miles, the front mount is gone anyway....get the front mount.
Quick question guys:

I got Avid Racing Mounts, All 3 (rear, passenger and driver) except the front. The engine doesn't move at all.

Will i be safe installing the header without getting a new front mount. Am afraid of the extra vibrations rumored with racing mounts and a working front mount. BTW the front is shot

Thanx

·
Registered
183 Posts
Quick question guys:

I got Avid Racing Mounts, All 3 (rear, passenger and driver) except the front. The engine doesn't move at all.

Will i be safe installing the header without getting a new front mount. Am afraid of the extra vibrations rumored with racing mounts and a working front mount. BTW the front is shot

Thanx
When I was looking into getting Innovative 75a mounts I called them and asked a few questions. I asked them why they don't include the front mount. They told me it was unnecessary. That the front mount if left stock would be the path of least resistance and the vibration would travel there and not into the cabin, thus lessening the amount of cabin vibration you would feel in the car. I also spoke to Hasport and they said the same, they go as far as saying you could run safely without a front mount at all. They do sell the front mounts separately for those who are intent on buying them, that they wouldn't miss the chance to sell them, but they are not needed when you run a 3 mount kit. I run with the Innovative 75a 3 mount kit and a very badly worn front stock mount and the motor does not have any movement even when on the dyno. The cabin vibration is minimal and no problem at all for me as a daily. In K-Pro I raised up the idle to 950, that lessens the vibrations as well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Be sure to purchase the right urethane stiffness for your driving conditions. It is highly recommended that all H/F/J/K Series motors run 75A or higher due to the weight of the motor.
http://www.innovativemounts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Warranty
Pictured below is a 60a mount that prematurely wore out with a K24 engine swap in an ep3 in less than 6 months

·
Registered
183 Posts
Best bang for the buck header: OBX V2 RH(Comptech rep):
I've had it in my car for over a year now and it works great. Good fitment, nice sound, and good quality stainless steel header. It will net you gains very close to or the same as some big name big bucks headers on the market.
They come ep3 spec and RSX Type-S spec so you can mate it up to your existing exhaust.
EP3 Spec OBX V2 RH - http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/h11087bs.html
RSX Type-S spec OBX V2 RH - http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/h110871s.html

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I was looking into getting Innovative 75a mounts I called them and asked a few questions. I asked them why they don't include the front mount. They told me it was unnecessary. That the front mount if left stock would be the path of least resistance and the vibration would travel there and not into the cabin, thus lessening the amount of cabin vibration you would feel in the car. I also spoke to Hasport and they said the same, they go as far as saying you could run safely without a front mount at all. They do sell the front mounts separately for those who are intent on buying them, that they wouldn't miss the chance to sell them, but they are not needed when you run a 3 mount kit. I run with the Innovative 75a 3 mount kit and a very badly worn front stock mount and the motor does not have any movement even when on the dyno. The cabin vibration is minimal and no problem at all for me as a daily. In K-Pro I raised up the idle to 950, that lessens the vibrations as well.
Thanx for your response Sir regarding the front mount. Just seeing this. Am gonna go ahead and purchase the header as a Christmas present to myself. Glad to know i don't have to visit a muffler shop for a weld or cut. It will be a perfect fit, glad I can stay home and do the install myself. Much Respect

P.S i was asking about the front mount since i didn't want to crack the header AGAIN, i have a terrible crack in my DC Race header, Have full mounts now. before i was OEM. i should be good this time around.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got this header and the skunk2 megapower r catback exhaust and went to install both at the same time. unfortunately the holes from the rh to the exhaust didnt line up and i had to make the race header holes bigger in order to fit it together properly. that was about 8 months ago and everything has been working great since then. i love the rh/exhaust combo... sounds perfect

only thing is now its time for inspection and i need to get a defouler. any links to ones that work? i ordered one already and it didnt fit (o2 sensor was too long to fit in it)

thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got this header and the skunk2 megapower r catback exhaust and went to install both at the same time. unfortunately the holes from the rh to the exhaust didnt line up and i had to make the race header holes bigger in order to fit it together properly. that was about 8 months ago and everything has been working great since then. i love the rh/exhaust combo... sounds perfect

only thing is now its time for inspection and i need to get a defouler. any links to ones that work? i ordered one already and it didnt fit (o2 sensor was too long to fit in it)

thanks!
Vibrant 11620 defouler at Corsport

21 - 40 of 48 Posts