Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, if you didnt see my other thread, i got hit by an uninsured driver...http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=452485
Heres my problem...

I got my car back from the shop for a 3rd time after 7 weeks of workin on it. Welp progressive still cant get the tachometer to work and there is a odd rattle noise.

Sooo...they decide that because the harness has been tampered with, AKA- Greddy Emanage was hooked up, that its the harnesses that are all my problems, and progressive will not cover it. They say that they cant do any more work on it till the harnesses are replaced. EXPENSIVE AS HELL. I think i found the reason the tach isnt working...I believe that my crank sensor is shot, because i ran a self diagnostic test on guages, and all have response.

So the mystery rattle, they thought it was the alternator, gave me a new altornator and still rattle. it sounds like its from the throttle body, but that doesnt make any sense and i checked that.

need help here...

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car is back to stock, but because the harness has been cut before. They are blaming all remaining problems on that harness. Its sortive there only way out cause they dont want to deal with it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
If The Crank Sensor Wasnt Sending The Proper Signal You Should Get A Cel Or The Car Wouldnt Even Run. Check The Signal Wire From Your Ecu To Your Cluster. Make Sure You Have Continuity From Ecu To Cluster. Use An Ohmeter If It Reads Ol You Have A Bad Connection Or Wire. It Could Be As Simple As A Wire Hooked Up Wrong.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i located where the noise is comming from. The bottom of the oil pan (sump) vibrates real bad and i think the noise is comming from there. the only thing i can think of is it may be the oil pump. could this be it?... any thoughts are good. thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
Are You Sure Its Not An Exhaust Rattle? Check Your Heatshields.INCLUDING YOUR ENGINE COVERS.
The Heat Shiel On My Downpipe Rattles. Bolts Are Kinda Loose.
I Havent HearD An Oil Pump Rattle. But Not Saying Its Not. You Might Need To Get A Stethescope To Pinpoint The Rattle. If Its In The Oil Pan It Could Be A Number Of Things. THE NOISE COULD BE TRAVELING THROUGH THE BLOCK ALSO.

·
Registered
408 Posts
MIGHT BE YOUR TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER. Not Sure Though. Honestly Its Hard To Diagnose A Noise I Cant Hear.im A Mechanic And Have Plenty Experience With Odd Noises. Sometimes It A Pain In The Ass To Find. But Keep Looking. When Does The Noise Occur. Eg:1500rpm,etc.

·
Da Vinci's Predecessor
56 Posts
Progressive ain't so progressive call a lawyer

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the noise occurs during idle. not at first, only after the car has been driven for about 5 mins. once its at operating temp. then it rattles like a hamster in a wheel that needs oiled. and feels like the motor vibrates more than it should. i thought noise was comming from oil sump area. any help is great thanks fellas

·
Love ///My new car
2,725 Posts
I dunno about the noise, but interms of the tach-

do you know where the tach wire is along the side of the engine compartment by the battery? I thinks its blue/yellow? maybe try to hook up an after market tach to that wire and see if it reads a signal maybe that can give you direction on the tach issue

1 - 17 of 17 Posts