Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.... I'm new to the forums and glad to be here. However I have an odd question. I went from an S2000 to an RSX-S, I have an AEM V2 and a 5zigen fireball (came on the car not by choice) which is de-resonatored. This is my second Vtec car and I'm noticing something that is odd.

After the car is warmed up ( I know vtec doesn't work when cold because uh DUH you shouldn't be running hard when cold) my vtec engages very well. pulls great and is as quick as my S2K was as far as I can tell.
However..

If I'm turning, my Vtec won't kick till my turn angle decreases. Is this normal for an RSX? Just wondering, because other than the slight fluctuation in power when accelerating (which I sum up to heat soak from the AEM) all else runs smoothly, etc.

Anyway... thanks for hearing me out. I searched a bit but couldn't find my answer. Hope I don't get flamed for not searching harder.... again.. thanks.

-Jason

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
I think you are under the perception that it's not kicking in, it is mechanical and one your motor hits 5800, it switches over, regardless.

Plus how sharp are you turning at 6,000 rpm's? I take cloverleafs in first and vtec kicks on.:dontknow:

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Ive seen this before and its do to a drop in oil pressure. Maybe you need a lil oil, maybe even an oil pan with baffles. Hope That helps.
Bingo

When you're turning, oil will run up the side of the crank casing and you'll loose oil pressure

Vtec will not engage if you don't have a certain amount of oil PSI

·
PC Load Letter?
8,345 Posts
you may not be feeling the transition if you are going easily on the throttle. Are you sure you're even revving high enough in those corners to hit vtec?
:iamwtihs:

Do you have to be WOT to engage VTEC? I know the engagement point changes with a reflash based on throttle, that might have something to do with it as well.

Also, I wouldn't worry about it too much either, it's not like you really want a sudden boost in power while you are trying to keep traction through a turn. :eek:

·
ArmenianCRSX Crew Founder
3,818 Posts
lol good job on the find

i just hope no1 had the same experience as i did. vtec was not kicking in so i thought it ok since it was like 110 outside. anyway, come check later on that night, not a fucking drop of oil in there. luckily my motor didnt go kaboom on my ass...

using m1 synthetic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.