Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A n t i - A n t i
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVE the way the kit looks, my favorite for the RSX - simple and purdy. When the dealership installed it today, there were gaps on each corner of the car between the body and the spoilers. At the widest point the gap might have been 1/4". Anybody else have these same gaps or should the dealer tighten it up? I don't want to drive to the dealership until I hear some feedback. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
mine fits just about perfect, even after a year and a half. there will be slight gaps on the front corners because there is doublesided tape in there, but no way it should be 1/4".

·
suxors
443 Posts
The gaps on my kit are really minimal. On the front passenger side theres a 1/8" gap because of the double sided tape but on the driver side it pretty much flush witht he bumper.:dontknow: Prolly from the way I installed it. SOunds like your dealer needs to do a better job. When I was picking up my car there was a ABP type S in the showroom with the kit and the gaps were everywhere... dealership sux at installing IMO

·
A n t i - A n t i
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please if it is not too much trouble, can you post pictures of the front and rear spoiler (from the top) where they meet the wheels? Thats where my gaps are....

Dealership says to come by anytime and they will fix it... but i dont see how they CAN fix it...

·
A n t i - A n t i
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant see from that far away, but I take your word for it... sheesh I wish my dealer did a better job. I had them redo the double sided tape today, it looks much better... but there is still a tiny gap in some places :(

·
suxors
443 Posts
heres the front driver side.. theres no gap

Attachments

·
suxors
443 Posts
front passenger side with slight gap... you can barely see it, its under the headlight towards the side.

Attachments

·
suxors
443 Posts
rear passenger.. no gap

Attachments

·
A n t i - A n t i
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rendered said:
its the nicest looking kit out there for the RSX!!! how could you complain! its already too perfect dammit!
notice how i start my post by saying "I LOVE the way the kit looks, my favorite for the RSX "

it is my favorite body kit too, but the dealership didnt do a good job installing it... its fine now though, but not as good as PureRacing's <- thanks for pics too! it looks very nice

·
Registered
608 Posts
anyone have a pic of type r front and cwest sides and back?

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Well IMO dealer probably did a bad job... I did a bs job with my jdm lip and there were gaps... i got new 3m and redid it, and now there are no gaps at all!

My rear there are gaps because i decided i did not want to drill in my bumper but the gap is noticable, but very small maybe less than an 1/8th of an inch.

I would take it back to them and have them redo it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts