Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OEM fogs are finally in, and as it's been quite foggy here as of late, I've been thinking how the'll come in quite handy.

HOWEVER, are they worth the trouble? I've had alot of bad luck in the past with dealers misinstalling things or scrating up my interior when fixing things and the like.

From the 16-page instruction fax posted here, it looks like there's a fair amount of cutting, removing, etc. - ALOT for someone to screw up if they don't know what they're doing.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I love my baby - I scowled at the gas station attendant this morning because he was smacking my wipers around too much with his window-washing squeegee thing.

I know this is minor surgery, but is it worth it if the dealer screws up? I am sure that they would have to make good if they screw anything up, but sometimes once you start taking stuff apart and putting it back together, it's never quite the same...

Any thoughts?

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
if you want the foglights, get them. If the dealers cuts anything wrong or breaks anything, they have to repair it - so i wouldnt worry about that..

·
M'm! M'm! Good!®
286 Posts
Hey togar, what part of NJ you from dude?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have the Factory OEM fog lights and i love them...At night put on ur lights and fogs and u dont even need ur brights. They are brighter and better than my Dads 99 Audi A6 touring/fog lights. They are great. The area to the side of the road is lite up so well. Definetly get them. :spin:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Are they really that effective? Because in my eye they look as if they're designed more as a cosmetic accessory than an actual safety/illumination accessory.

Are there any other lights that will integrate smoothly into the RSX slot but maybe give off a lot more light? Some Hellas or something?

I'm really torn on getting these. I think they do make it look a little nicer, but at the same time I'm having a hard time justifying $300 on something that really won't make that big a difference in light output and road illumination. The driving lights on our 95 Mazda Millenia light up the sides well, but really don't shine OUT very far. The extra light they give off seems to be concentrated too close to the front of the car. If this is the way the Acura systems are, I'm not gonna bother, but if it is a true, noticable improvement then maybe I will get them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
jerome: Having seen some cars with OEM fogs (and having driven one) that produce a brighter beam that reaches farther in front of the car by at least a few feet, I'd say the OEM ones on the RSX are a bit of a disappointment. Bear in mind, though, fog lights are not driving lights, so they are not supposed to shine that far out anyway. From my experience the RSX ones do help in rainy/wet conditions. Things that are on the sides of the roads (e.g. light posts) are lit nicely when they are wet, so I wouldn't say they are completely junk. It's just that they are not as noticeable in dry roads compared to some other OEM fogs out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts