Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
I believe he's saying the after market stuff is crap.. and nothing fits better than OEM.

I thought the navi's use a dvd to upload maps, maybe I'm wrong

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is correct. Honda's Nav is pretty nice. Aftermarket ones aren't so nice. Features are missing, or they just aren't as pretty looking, or their routing isn't the best. Personally I like the portable systems for the pretty graphics, graphics and calculations, but then it's not in dash.

Honda does read the maps off the DVD so that's why I just wonder if I order the JDM if I could just toss in the North America DVD and ahve it work.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahhhhhh :bow: ......meh, i;ve seen some clean installs before. You just need alot of patience and time. I;m pretty sure they have DVD's to keep the maps up to date
For me it's not so much the cleanness because they are generally pretty clean. It's more that there are missing features or the route calculations aren't the best compared to OEM or the portable systems.

·
epcrew
241 Posts
i have the pioneer avic d2 and its pretty nice. sits pretty flush in my ep. and havent had any complaints about it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts