Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to see if I could put the factory stereo back in the car but it seems like the previous owner cut the original radio harness and I can't find the original harness anywhere online or in stereo stores. The stereo store told me they didn't make any reverse harnesses for the type s since its amplified. So I'm going to have to find one from another type s. Do you guys have any ideas or point me in the right direction where I can find a harness.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m going to be swapping out my factory Bose stereo to in dash screen. If I don’t need it then I can ship to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking would I be able to wire the metra part 71-1721 and connect the wires in the correct cavities and connect that to the metra part 70-1725?

·
WILDCARD!
1,525 Posts
I was thinking would I be able to wire the metra part 71-1721 and connect the wires in the correct cavities and connect that to the metra part 70-1725?
You mean pin the wires in to the connector to essentially rebuild the factory setup? If you know how to do that, then yes. Probably need to go one at a time so as not to get confused.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You mean pin the wires in to the connector to essentially rebuild the factory setup? If you know how to do that, then yes. Probably need to go one at a time so as not to get confused.
Yea I will be referencing the shop manual and a multimeter to try to rewire it. Its just that the previous owner seemed to cut the wire pretty far back.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Th
Yea I will be referencing the shop manual and a multimeter to try to rewire it. Its just that the previous owner seemed to cut the wire pretty far back.
That previous owner was so cheap he couldn't spend 20 bucks for a harness so he cut it or he was just being a dick! That shit would piss me off junkyard and repinning to factory harness cleanest way buy a depin tol kit from Amazon. Someone did that on a nissan I bought pissed me off but as soon as I got to a junkyard I found what I was looking for and out the door in 5 minutes and I cut it as far back as I could reach in the dash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts