Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
JDM Mugenizer!
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay well i recently sold my original oem rear bumper and went with the ings fiberglass rear! didnt like that rear and went back to OEM but it was sum1 else's rear bumper because i sold my original one that was on my car! for some reason its not fitting like my original one! has any1 ever had this problem! like the fitment is supposed to be perfect because its OEM but its not fitting like it like tht sides dont smooth out and i dont know just ghey can sum1 help! i can get pics up later! or maybe im just installing it wrong but im not sure if theres a certain way to install?????????

·
JDM Mugenizer!
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Prob installing wrong man :dontknow:

those bumpers are picky
yea thats what i thought! u think it would be better for two people to install? and i dont know what i could be doing wrong u think it would matter because the OEM rear bumer is from another rsx that maybe there was a slight difference??? lol i dont know probably not because every RSX is made the same way!!!! i need to get some pics up and show u guys!

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
did you install the 2 screws that go into the tailights? i believe that will help close the gap

·
JDM Mugenizer!
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did you install the 2 screws that go into the tailights? i believe that will help close the gap
2 screws into the tailights??? no i dont believe so i just installd the 2 screws on the ends of the bumper where the tires are so 4 total! do u know what size screws they are and if this is the problem man thanks a ton!

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
well its been a while, but retract my previous statement about the screws.
they hold the clips under the tailights

·
JDM Mugenizer!
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump thanks for your help fade2black! i figured what i did wrong was the 5 hooks on the bracket under the tailight i didnt push the bumper clips in between them i just pushd them on top making the bumper fit unproperly so if u push the bumper clips in between the 5 bracket hooks then the bumper should fit perfect! thanks for your help yippy!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts