Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally have the complete body kit on now. the entire install was basic. i heard the rear was a little difficult but that's a lie. the rear is the second easiest(with the side skirts the easiest of the 3). if you can follow the instructions, you should have no problem. just be careful about scratching your bumper and spoiler when they're laying on the ground.

install instructions for the front, sides, and rear can be downloaded from club rsx.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
looking at the install instructions it seems as if the front would be the easiest...no drilling or cutting involved and you dont even have to remove the front bumper.....can you explain what you had problems with?

·
NHB Type S
108 Posts
I've done all of my OEM body kit and front was the easiest, then side skits and rear. However, only mistake I made was the front. I broke one of the clip that snaps agains the front bumper. Because of that broken clip, there is a little bit of gap, but it's hardly noticeable.

Reason for rear spoiling being hardest among 3 are:

1. I had to take the rear bumper off. Comparing to front bumper, putting it back on with clip was harder than front.
2. Cutting a part of bumper where exhaust tip is located was hard.
3. I had to buy a pair of parts that replaces rear splash guard. If I had no splash guard, I wouldn't need to get them, but if you have splash guard, and trying to install rear spoiler, then you will need that part. None of those guys at dealer knew what I was asking untill I showed them what exactly it is by bringing them out to the parking lot and pointed out on RSX with body kit.

As long as you have tools ready, it's not hard at all.

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xodus said:
I've done all of my OEM body kit and front was the easiest, then side skits and rear. However, only mistake I made was the front. I broke one of the clip that snaps agains the front bumper. Because of that broken clip, there is a little bit of gap, but it's hardly noticeable.

Reason for rear spoiling being hardest among 3 are:

1. I had to take the rear bumper off. Comparing to front bumper, putting it back on with clip was harder than front.
2. Cutting a part of bumper where exhaust tip is located was hard.
3. I had to buy a pair of parts that replaces rear splash guard. If I had no splash guard, I wouldn't need to get them, but if you have splash guard, and trying to install rear spoiler, then you will need that part. None of those guys at dealer knew what I was asking untill I showed them what exactly it is by bringing them out to the parking lot and pointed out on RSX with body kit.

As long as you have tools ready, it's not hard at all.
hmm..i guess it all depends on the person. the instructions for the sides and rear skirts implied that they were the harder installs because of the recommendation that stated, "experienced technicians should do the install" or soemthing like that.

i had an easy time with the "more difficult" sides and rear. i had a harder time with the front. why? i dunno..maybe i was being lame or something when i did the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.