Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I know it's almost sacrelige but, has anyone ever tried to mount another oem type spoiler to there ride? I saw the 02 Tibiron spoiler that I thought was kick ass. And I can't stand the oem stock wing that came with mine...personally, I think it's ugly as hell, and way too tall....Just my opinion.

I wounder if maybe a 02 civic si would fit, and look ok?

Just a thought.....

·
Asian Lover <3
95 Posts
Mixing body lines like that isn't usually a great idea. Of course there are some exceptions.
But as a general rule it looks off. There's an old civic around town with a MKIV Supra Spoiler,
which looks great on a Supra, but makes the civic look like ass.... ASS ... the rest of it is stock
too... so odd. But you'd have to measure it to make sure it wouldn't be to wide, or too short.
Chances are it won't line up right... but could't hurt to measure it I suppose.
It's your ride man, do what you want to it.

... Just try not to disgrace the rest of us RSX owners, okay? ... Lol jk jk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mixing body lines like that isn't usually a great idea. Of course there are some exceptions.
But as a general rule it looks off. There's an old civic around town with a MKIV Supra Spoiler,
which looks great on a Supra, but makes the civic look like ass.... ASS ... the rest of it is stock
too... so odd. But you'd have to measure it to make sure it wouldn't be to wide, or too short.
Chances are it won't line up right... but could't hurt to measure it I suppose.
It's your ride man, do what you want to it.

... Just try not to disgrace the rest of us RSX owners, okay? ... Lol jk jk
Yeah, I know. I won't. lol.:)

I'm not really worried about the fitment as far as the holes lining up properly. That's a cake walk for very minor body work as far as filling the exsisting holes to me. But I do have a sporty lip on my trunk now....I was just thinking more of the same simmiliar shape as the stock spoiler, but a little less in height. like an 8" si wing. I guess I'll have to do a little searchin to see what I like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts