Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted an estimate on how many 11 second quarter mile RSX's are out there becuase my RSX will be running 11 seconds very soon!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
xcell just got his I think. He da man.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
aren't you a little optimistic

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Wishes:

1. Someone gives me a free warehouse garage with a lift and a fully loaded tool set.
2. Live in a region of the U.S. with 60-70 degree temperatures w/no erratic weather conditions. Eg. Rain, Snow, Black ice, Hail, Fog.

Wait a minute, I think I'm rambling about F&F. Damnit, i hate when i do that!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
10's would be optimistic 11's are well within reach of the cybernation kit......if you got the money to spend

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rev Hard Stage 2 Kit @ 23 p.s.i., the only thing bad about it is that i've heard that sometimes the exhaust manifold cracks so i am getting a custom one made from a place nearby. I also already have JE Pistons, aftermarket camshafts, Greddy Evo Exhaust, AEM Cold Air Intake, Crower Connecting Rods, Fuel Pump, Regulator, etc...

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
heh sounds nice! what kind of compression will you be running?? Also, what have you done for traction purposes?? sorry.. just curious since i'll be getting a type-s in the next couple of months and i'm still trying to decide on boost or N/A.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be running at 25 p.s.i. on track and 18 on the street. I have 17" Konig Rims and Yokohama Tires but the tires are 8 " wide because I did not want 18s b/c i think that they are too heavy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry again, my Rev Hard Turbo Kit is actually a CN Stage 2 Kit because I was gonna order a Rev Hard Kit but instead today I bought a Cn Stage 2 Kit. I hope to have it in by the end of the month except the snow isnt helping.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
RSXfreak, what aftermarket cams do you have?

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
As far as performance, I would rate Stage I at 12.5, stage II around 11.5, and Stage III probably high 10's......This is of course on slicks:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want to know if you can run in the 11's without slicks with a stage 2. And I am getting Skunk 2 Racing Cams within the next 2 months. So by next month i should have my turbo in.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
RSXfreak22 said:
Rev Hard Stage 2 Kit @ 23 p.s.i., the only thing bad about it is that i've heard that sometimes the exhaust manifold cracks so i am getting a custom one made from a place nearby. I also already have JE Pistons, aftermarket camshafts, Greddy Evo Exhaust, AEM Cold Air Intake, Crower Connecting Rods, Fuel Pump, Regulator, etc...
I thought u couldn't run a CAI with a turbo?

·
Registered
165 Posts
One, whats a CAI and two , i am purchasing a acura rsx type -s in like 4 months and will probably go toward the CN turbo kit, and i was wanting to go low 11's on street tires, tell me why this cant be possible besides traction?

Tell me the front end, the whole bit, i wanna learn it all, like the axles and what makes the tires lose traction cause my goal is to make it 10's with slicks and 11's with street tires.

Please dont bash, just state your facts.

Thanks

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
1. nice of you to join us.
2. cai = cold air intake, you cant have them both because they replace it w/ the piping for the turbo.
3. You cannot run 11's on street tires because of traction problems, thats about the only problem there really is.
4. 10's? good luck, thats going to cost around 10+k for a stage 2 or 3 turbo. 10 hasnt been hit yet so you can go ahead and try, xcell hit 11's for the first time in an rsx and he had slicks on i believe, you might want to talk to him for more info.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
I think 11's will eventually be possible with an rsx but its goin to take a while.....Like any other car that has been out for a short period of time, pushing the limits usually takes alot of r and d......For xcell to run the rsx into the 11's is pretty good for FWD but I expect much more in the next few years....give it time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts