Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 384 Posts

·
JD Auto Detailing
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i received my base auto kpro for my 05 base automatic rsx about a week ago...and ive been driving on it everyday with the base map that Joel from Driven Performance sent me. AND I LOVE IT!!! no issues with it what so ever...no shift lag of any sort (as some claimed). If you have the cash and motivation to get this...I HIGHLY RECCOMEND getting it...it makes daily driving sooo much more fun. I will post vids later sometime.

Current Mods: CAI/DCRH/Greddy evo TT

Plans: RBC/A2 head swap/Nitrous

MAYBE a turbo/supercharger if i can figure a way to go that route...working with joel on this.

My experience:
At first...the idling seemed weird but i believe thats just with tuning...but after gunning it...1st and 2nd fly through like a joke. The car pulls a lot harder than before and im just loving it. I just cant stop driving my car...and of course i had to start using premium gas but it is well worth it for the performance gain. Joel over at Driven Performance is a GREAT guy to work with :thumbsup:...hes very professional and works with you. Very great business person to work and talk with. And he does know his k-series since hes been tuning them and working with them for years.....so I fully trust him when asking him about the kpro or my car. Just the fact is that they are located in singapore...so they are JDM and we are the USDM so some stuff is slightly different. You may check up his updates on their blog

http://www.drivencrazy.com.sg/

His email is: [email protected]

Please contact him if you are only serious about getting it because i dont want everyone blowing up his email just to ask questions when we have a support thread right here....post your questions on here and we will answer accordingly

Pictures of the piggyback kpro. It comes with the Harness + KPRO he can provide the ECU and everything

Total Price: 1650 shipped from singapore. That price is for the PNF ECU, Kpro, Auto Harness. If you provide the ecu/kpro...of course it will be cheaper

Comments and questions are welcome! This is a support thread for base autos planning on opening opportunities for them to mod their car and make power. So please leave unnecessary comments to yourself.

**UPDATE**

Its been about a month now running on kpro and NOTHING has been acting weird...driven it very hard ALL the time lol...and still good. I just bought an AEM wideband UEGO so im going to hook that up this weekend to the kpro and etc...so ill will update with more pics and hopefully videos if i can later. STILL HIGHLY RECOMMENDED MODS! loving the kpro every single bit

·
Registered
172 Posts
So for an 2002-2004 auto rsx what type of supplies do you need. Is the base diagram a lot different from 2005-2006? I know there is a lot of 2002-2004 owners so what step do they need to take to get kpro'd

·
Registered
499 Posts
this is the most amazing news ever! autos are comin on up guys...
way to go supra :thumbsup: will be gettin mine soon!

·
i haz gold plated diapers
1,884 Posts
I thought auto ECU's couldn't utilize K-Pro. How did you accomplish this? Are you running 2 ECU's in your car now or what?

In on this thread, trying to get my money issues solved and then doing this, sucks when I was just ready to ship everything a week ago....and to answer your question yes its 2 ecus, kpro'ed ecu controls the engine and the auto ecu controls the transmission.

Good review supra hopefully I can join you soon :thumbsup:

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
my question is how is the tranny going to be able to handle that power later... so basic tune, basic bolt on's, you'll be at stock type s power or so (just guessing). you go to rbc, or type s head, etc, how's the auto going to be able to handle it. Not too many people got auto's pushing over 200 hp, but with kpro, we now can, so what will happen?

and damn, 1600 is alot of money, but damn, I want it. Thanks for the review :)

·
JD Auto Detailing
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my question is how is the tranny going to be able to handle that power later... so basic tune, basic bolt on's, you'll be at stock type s power or so (just guessing). you go to rbc, or type s head, etc, how's the auto going to be able to handle it. Not too many people got auto's pushing over 200 hp, but with kpro, we now can, so what will happen?

and damn, 1600 is alot of money, but damn, I want it. Thanks for the review :)
To answer this question....I've actually researched this quite a bit on the forums and people cirrently running kpro on there autos. The auto tranny will hold up until 330whp after that...anything is fair game with the tranny going out. People I have talked to with boosted autos...they upgrade there tranny internals (I.e torque converter and clutch pack) then it'll hold up a lotttt more power than 300. That will unleash the full potential of the auto tranny if you are looking to make over 300 hp.

·
Registered
773 Posts
So glad it worked out for USDM autos too!

Auto tranny is fine with K20A and K24/K20A Frank. Generally 200-250whp is ok from what I've seen personally.

·
Intensely Unfocused
138,338 Posts
this is a huge breakthrough for autos. good job :thumbsup:
what whp are you running now? i mean 1600 isn't that bad considering kpro itself is a g.

1 - 20 of 384 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.