Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1801 - 1820 of 1849 Posts

·
Knockin' Bitches Over
79,532 Posts
I have been delaying giving that stuff a try. I might do that on my next order.

I need to place a new order anyway. My Opti-Men is running out.
Dude it taste awesome, and since it has no caffeine in it, you can take it daily without any issues

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
I'm hooked on preworkout. I lift without it sometimes, other days I need it to be able to even make it to the gym after work.

So good news - I found out why my lower back hurts so often.
Bad news, I have 2 degenerating discs and arthritis in my lower back.
Luckily is doesn't affect my lifting as of right now.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
4,506 Posts
Gentlemen,

I have a question...
So I've been lifting religiously every week since January and I've had a problem I can't seem to figure out. When I first started out my triceps would burn out on bench before my chest would even feel anything. I built my triceps and got my strength up and had no problems since. Well just recently it started doing it again. My chest doesn't get worked out (on bench) because my triceps give out on me halfway through my second set. I'm not even lifting that much weight either...

Someone said I need to take some BCAA's which I'm not taking at the moment.

Anybody experience anything like this?

9,696 Posts
grip width can effect that yeah. also you may want to look into some scapula retraction/protraction exercises. lack of protraction will inhibit chest contraction.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
4,506 Posts
maybe your grip isn't wide enough? narrow grip on the bench hits tris hard
I do generally have a more narrow grip compared to some. I'll try wider next time.

grip width can effect that yeah. also you may want to look into some scapula retraction/protraction exercises. lack of protraction will inhibit chest contraction.
I'll look into it. Thanks!

·
Registered
29,386 Posts
I'm hooked on preworkout. I lift without it sometimes, other days I need it to be able to even make it to the gym after work.

So good news - I found out why my lower back hurts so often.
Bad news, I have 2 degenerating discs and arthritis in my lower back.
Luckily is doesn't affect my lifting as of right now.
I know the feeling.

Had my Chiropractor look into back pain I was having in the middle of my back. Found out it was arthritis.

I'm only 28. Sounds absurd.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
I do generally have a more narrow grip compared to some. I'll try wider next time.

I'll look into it. Thanks!
Another thing (and I may have missed it if it was covered): are you bringing the bar all the way down to your chest? The bottom half of the rep is what really hits your pecs. You can also try using dumbbells in lieu of barbell bench. Maybe also try to lighten the weight so you can concentrate on contracting the pec muscles and then add weight back once you get a feel for it.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Random question:

So I to go to my local gym because I need the pool and other stuff for cardio given my chronic pain. However, the dumbbells top off at 75 (I can do about 8 at flat bench) and there is no free bench press. We do have two smith machines for bench.

Is the smith as effective as dumbbells or should I just keep doing the dumbbells? Or do you have any other suggestions. I have never been a fan of the smith machine but I will use it if I have to.

·
Registered
29,386 Posts
I use smith machine a lot on flat bench.

·
Registered
29,386 Posts

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
I use the Smith machine when I don't have a workout buddy to spot.

And it's easy to load up the weights for back to back sets.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Random question:

So I to go to my local gym because I need the pool and other stuff for cardio given my chronic pain. However, the dumbbells top off at 75 (I can do about 8 at flat bench) and there is no free bench press. We do have two smith machines for bench.

Is the smith as effective as dumbbells or should I just keep doing the dumbbells? Or do you have any other suggestions. I have never been a fan of the smith machine but I will use it if I have to.
Dumbbells hit more of the stabilizer muscles and everything, but it wouldn't hurt to do the smith machine sometimes just to change things up.

1801 - 1820 of 1849 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.