Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1874 Posts

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Been doing lighter push-pull style workouts - it's lame but my body has gone into grandpa mode and my joints are aching bad. About twice a year I have to back off and hit the anti-inflammatory meds. Doing more cardio though so maybe I'll be less fat. Probably not though #BulkingSince1982

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm guessing most of you are having shoulder pains and lower back pains :shakehead

It's pretty easy to fuck yourself up. Most people listen to guys at the gym that seem to know that they're talking about. When really, they don't know shit.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
I'm guessing most of you are having shoulder pains and lower back pains :shakehead

It's pretty easy to fuck yourself up. Most people listen to guys at the gym that seem to know that they're talking about. When really, they don't know shit.
Mine is from 2 football related back injuries when I was 16 and 17, combined with tons of powerlifting when I was young. I'm 31 now and joint health was the last thing I thought of as a teenager. I also matured a little later so I was hurting stuff that was still growing. I don't go around butting into people's stuff at the gym, but I do occasionally talk to the young guys I see and let them know to be careful.

That being said, live avoided any major injuries in the past 5 years or so. I'm pretty much a form/feel over weight person now - although with 17 years of lifting and being 235, myight weight is still too heavy for a lot of people.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Mine is from 2 football related back injuries when I was 16 and 17, combined with tons of powerlifting when I was young. I'm 31 now and joint health was the last thing I thought of as a teenager. I also matured a little later so I was hurting stuff that was still growing. I don't go around butting into people's stuff at the gym, but I do occasionally talk to the young guys I see and let them know to be careful.

That being said, live avoided any major injuries in the past 5 years or so. I'm pretty much a form/feel over weight person now - although with 17 years of lifting and being 235, myight weight is still too heavy for a lot of people.
Damn.. Football always does more harm than good in people's lives. I have friends that still have problems from high school football injuries. Yeah, it's usually those that are trying to give advice even though the person they are talking to aren't looking for any advice. It's pretty crazy how involved working out really is. Just like we research before buy car parts, everyone should research on how to work out lol

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Damn.. Football always does more harm than good in people's lives. I have friends that still have problems from high school football injuries. Yeah, it's usually those that are trying to give advice even though the person they are talking to aren't looking for any advice. It's pretty crazy how involved working out really is. Just like we research before buy car parts, everyone should research on how to work out lol
I tell friends who are just starting to not be afraid to ask questions or ask for help in the gym (with the caveat that it is like an internet forum - make sure you aren't asking a dumbshit question and have at least a basic knowledge).

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I tell friends who are just starting to not be afraid to ask questions or ask for help in the gym (with the caveat that it is like an internet forum - make sure you aren't asking a dumbshit question and have at least a basic knowledge).
That's how I learned.

1) Step 1 - Look at the big guys
2) Step 2 - Try it with light weight
3) Step 3 - Ask for guidance and search the interwebz

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
That's how I learned.

1) Step 1 - Look at the big guys
2) Step 2 - Try it with light weight
3) Step 3 - Ask for guidance and search the interwebz
Dead on, except I started with reading magazines since the internet wasn't that big when I was young.

Fuck, I'm old.

1 - 20 of 1874 Posts