Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1141 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
man that's why there are weight classes, in all honesty khan had noo bizz fighting @ middleweight or ''caneloweight'' as they say so i do give him props for taking the fight. who ya like canelo or trip g?
Yeah, but Khan figured it was the biggest fight he'd be able to get, in terms of the name and the money. And with Manny and Floyd both being retired, beating someone like Canelo would be the most realistic way of luring either of them out of retirement to fight him, if it's at all possible. I don't blame him for taking the fight though, it's just one where it was both high risk and high reward, but regardless of the outcome he got a pretty good payday.

as for khan he has one option, take the kell brook fight in hopes of saving face/career.
Would Brook give Khan a shot after the knock out, with him being undefeated and having one of the welterweight belts too?

·
11,750rpm+8,600rpm= FUN
1,056 Posts
Would Brook give Khan a shot after the knock out, with him being undefeated and having one of the welterweight belts too?
It still sells out a soccer stadium with the whole civil beef aspect over the pond. regardless, khan will never be a legit WW force. he might win a few fights or maybe even a title if matchmaking is done right but once he fights a thurman or even a garcia rematch he's getting starched again. wouldnt mind seeing him and broner duke it out.

·
11,750rpm+8,600rpm= FUN
1,056 Posts
Damn he already spent his retirement money to be this desperate?

https://www.facebook.com/577142655768165/videos/625123727636724/
Why not? what else is there for him to do that will actually spark interest and get people talking? whether you agree with it or not that fight would set the fight world abuzz and everybody would be tuning in including boxing fans, mma fans and casuals as well and that all equals $$$. its breaking barriers or better yet trying something new. plus add the whole ''boxers are better than mma fighters'' quarrel. regardless of how stupid/crazy/shocking etc.. that floyd spends/bets his money, he aint going broke dude... not in this lifetime at least.

my main point being there isn't much out there that will give him the check he wants... a second pacman fight aint happening, been there done that plus nobody is even asking for it like if the first fight was actually close. that shoulder injury out isn't even enough to cut it. plus manny is retired and a shoe in for a senate seat in his country last time i heard. as much as i'd like to see it, mayweather/ggg still doesn't do as crazy numbers as some ppl think it will and a 40 year old floyd doesn't wanna take that risk of jumping up 2 weight classes and fighting a waay bigger guy and i don't blame him.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Why not? what else is there for him to do that will actually spark interest and get people talking? whether you agree with it or not that fight would set the fight world abuzz and everybody would be tuning in including boxing fans, mma fans and casuals as well and that all equals $$$. its breaking barriers or better yet trying something new. plus add the whole ''boxers are better than mma fighters'' quarrel. regardless of how stupid/crazy/shocking etc.. that floyd spends/bets his money, he aint going broke dude... not in this lifetime at least.
But that "quarrel" won't be quelled, because it's going to be a boxing fight. Of course the boxer is going to be better than the MMA fighter. If you let the boxer box and the MMA fighter do MMA, now you're talking, but we all know that's not going to happen. It'll be interesting, but we know how it's going to end. The MMA fighter isn't magically going to be masterful in boxing. It'll be another easy win for Floyd, under the disguise of it being challenging because he's going against an MMA fighter.

my main point being there isn't much out there that will give him the check he wants... a second pacman fight aint happening, been there done that plus nobody is even asking for it like if the first fight was actually close. that shoulder injury out isn't even enough to cut it. plus manny is retired and a shoe in for a senate seat in his country last time i heard. as much as i'd like to see it, mayweather/ggg still doesn't do as crazy numbers as some ppl think it will and a 40 year old floyd doesn't wanna take that risk of jumping up 2 weight classes and fighting a waay bigger guy and i don't blame him.
A second fight could happen, but it's just not one that either of them are pushing. Manny would take it in a heartbeat, but there's no point in him flat out telling the world that he wants to do it, because then it would just give Floyd ammunition to take advantage of him by making more demands behind the "you're coming to me, not the other way around" stance. It's not going to do anywhere close to the 4.5 million PPV buys, but it'll clear 2 million, no doubt aided by Manny's most recent performance.

Floyd-GGG can't do numbers at the moment, unless Canelo-GGG happens first and GGG demolishes Canelo, and that fight gets a good amount of buys as well.

·
11,750rpm+8,600rpm= FUN
1,056 Posts
Dude Canelocunt just vacated his wbc middleweight strap! Oscar & company wants noo parts of trips, its obvious at this point.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The article I read said that they vacated the WBC middleweight title because the WBC was forcing them to abide by a set deadline.

Canelo and Oscar have said that they want GGG, just not by the deadline set by the WBC.

·
11,750rpm+8,600rpm= FUN
1,056 Posts
So now there's a rumor of Pacquiao-Broner being in the works?
haha... according to fighthype's whispers its damn near finalized. I don't think I buy it, but def would be all for it. The article that I saw said DLH met w/ arum a couple months ago to talk canelo/pacquiao which would make sense to me dollar wise (it'd be huge). But then again I just think canelo is waay to goddamned big for manny at this point and maybe he realizes that, i dunno. When he fought khan, you could still tell how huge his frame was even with amir bulking up.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
haha... according to fighthype's whispers its damn near finalized. I don't think I buy it, but def would be all for it. The article that I saw said DLH met w/ arum a couple months ago to talk canelo/pacquiao which would make sense to me dollar wise (it'd be huge). But then again I just think canelo is waay to goddamned big for manny at this point and maybe he realizes that, i dunno. When he fought khan, you could still tell how huge his frame was even with amir bulking up.
Yeah, and it's not even like Khan looked either too small or too bloated either. At this point Canelo would've been a physically bigger opponent to Manny than Margarito was. I don't see that fight happening anyway no matter the financial upside. Not that Manny would be scared, but they just know there's a ceiling in terms of how much bigger your opponent can be than you. Canelo is in a position to not be forced to come down in weight anymore (at least not more than what he's comfortable with, presumably 154-155), but Manny is still a bigger name to the point where he doesn't have to get cornered and take what he's given for the sake of another fight.

·
11,750rpm+8,600rpm= FUN
1,056 Posts
Would love to see it man, I preferred that fight last time over bradley 3... It's either him or Jessie Vargas which I'm hoping isn't the case but he does have that WBO belt that manny loves so much. It's also the much safer option at this point in pacmans career but seeing as how arum kicked shit about bradley 3 tanking financially, he'll push manny to take on crawford @ 140 for all the belts he holds. I think it'd do decent numbers (750k-900k) IF its promoted right by TR. Plus the fight would be fookin action packed man. I've seen the majority of ppl picking crawford to win but I still give manny the edge 60-40 if he dedicates himself in training bc I mean he is a senator now so Im sure he has shit to do. Terrance crawford is no joke though he has gotten better & better each time out and could outbox manny easily if pacman doesn't come correct.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I can see it being Crawford, more so than the other names being thrown around. I read an article recently about how Arum was saying that Manny is likely going to have a lower guaranteed purse for his next fight, since the numbers for Pacquiao-Bradley III underperformed compared to expectations. But again, it's just a guarantee... so if it does numbers close to what you're thinking it could do, then he'd make the same money as before anyway with the PPV upside.

Arum needs to lure Marquez back out for a fifth fight.

·
11,750rpm+8,600rpm= FUN
1,056 Posts
JMM was in talks to fight cotto but those talks just broke down bc cotto said he would only go down to 150 and juan wanted 147. They had every damn other thing agreed too though like purse, gloves etc...

Looks like pac vs. vargas which is bullshit to me, but he does hold a belt. I think it'll tank harder than any other pacquiao ppv ever. I hope manny knocks him out though, he has to this guy is a bum. God dammit I wanted the crawford fight so bad for manny! TBH manny has the right to choose his opponent at this point after his hof career, but i think he knows the crawford fight could very well be mayweather pt.2 for him.

·
11,750rpm+8,600rpm= FUN
1,056 Posts
...And add the fact that Ward vs Kovalev HBO PPV is two weeks after Pacman's proposed date to fight. I dunno how hbo is gonna deal with that bc they are obviously going to lean on ward/kovo as that is a huge anticipated megafight. We shall see...

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
JMM was in talks to fight cotto but those talks just broke down bc cotto said he would only go down to 150 and juan wanted 147. They had every damn other thing agreed too though like purse, gloves etc...

Looks like pac vs. vargas which is bullshit to me, but he does hold a belt. I think it'll tank harder than any other pacquiao ppv ever. I hope manny knocks him out though, he has to this guy is a bum. God dammit I wanted the crawford fight so bad for manny! TBH manny has the right to choose his opponent at this point after his hof career, but i think he knows the crawford fight could very well be mayweather pt.2 for him.
I'm glad that Cotto-Marquez isn't happening. I think Marquez is feeling himself a little too much, thinking that he has the clout to make Cotto come all the way back down to 147, where he hasn't fought since the Manny fight in 2009. He's lucky Cotto even offered 150, since I don't think he's fought at that low of a catchweight since venturing north of 147.

Hopefully this gets Marquez to come back down to earth and stop thinking he can call all the shots... particularly when he said he'd fight Manny for $15 million right after he beat him, and then for $20 million right after he lost to Bradley (which makes even less sense).

But I read Donaire is added to the Pacquiao-Vargas undercard, so hopefully that will drive more viewers to the fight as well.

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
Damnn rip boxing with that lame ass de la hoya pay off to the judge yesterday. Gotta be blind to call 118-110. Women cant take part in sports. She has a history of odd scorecards

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I hate to make it about gender but I'm also reminded of that one other female judge who was one of the two blind judges who gave the first Pacquiao-Bradley fight to Bradley and then had Floyd-Canelo as a draw.

1121 - 1140 of 1141 Posts