Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1781 - 1799 of 1799 Posts

·
NVMENOT
7,611 Posts
lets say i have 1 year left on my contract, and i buy a phone privately. can i switch my current phone, to the new one, without having to start another contract?

·
Super Moderator
430,510 Posts
i say yes, because for verizon people who wants to keep their unlimited plan they need to buy a phone at full price from verizon or whatever and switch their info to the new phone. if they sign a new contract they lose their old plan

i dont know about what you have, but i think it should be no different. you can transfer your info to your new phone, it doesnt change your contract or anything

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm not even about to read through 70+ pages to find out =P.

If I buy a Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint or Verizon), can I fully flash that over to Cricket? Google hasn't been a lot of definitive help. I plan on calling Cricket later this evening, but was wondering if anyone here knows.

I bought my wife a Droid X2 last night and she's going to get it flashed to Cricket today. Seems like that phone should be fine.

EDIT:
Found out that it will be all good. Just FYI in case someone else might wonder....

·
NVMENOT
7,611 Posts
got a question....i have a shatty galaxy s2 phone with sprint. i have 6 more months of this crappy phone and service OR i can cancel right now for $120. I then want to get the iphone5 with verizon, $199 for 2 year contract...should i do it?

and if so, is the iphone5 worth $199 more than the iphone4, which i can get for free? or compromise with the iphone4s for $99?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
After about 2 years or so of using Cricket, first with one of their own phones (which was total shit), and then with GS2s flashed over, we've had enough. Not all the features work as they should with Cricket, there's NO customer support because it's a flashed phone, and ultimately it's only costing us about $20/mo. more to just go with Sprint (after my employee discount through work).

We've got two Galaxy Note 2s on the way. We're locked into a damn contract, but such is life I suppose. I do know that I still hate every cell phone company with a burning white hot fiery purple passion, and all of this shit is way too expensive.

·
Gmen FTL
5,372 Posts
note 2 is great :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
got a question....i have a shatty galaxy s2 phone with sprint. i have 6 more months of this crappy phone and service OR i can cancel right now for $120. I then want to get the iphone5 with verizon, $199 for 2 year contract...should i do it?

and if so, is the iphone5 worth $199 more than the iphone4, which i can get for free? or compromise with the iphone4s for $99?
you shouldn't do any contract. buy your phone outright. it's cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Is it normal for a brand new cell phone battery to be completely dead when you put it in your phone and turn it on for the first time? I've been having issues recently with my phone battery dying extremely fast. Today I woke up (after having my phone charging all night) and it was at 100% , within 45 minutes it went from 100% to 2% and shut off. I went to buy a brand new cell phone battery and when I put it in my phone, my phone went through the start up process which lasts about 3 minutes and then after that it showed the battery at less than 5% and the phone shut off...so now I'm charging it but I'm wondering is this normal for a brand new cell phone battery? It has to be charged first?

Also how can I tell if this is my phone instead of my battery?

·
RSXDriver thrice removed
9,990 Posts
Safari on my work iPhone 5s crashes pretty regularly. Going to news.yahoo.com then selecting an article will do it every time. Anyone else see this?

·
.♥
10,293 Posts

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Is it normal for a brand new cell phone battery to be completely dead when you put it in your phone and turn it on for the first time? I've been having issues recently with my phone battery dying extremely fast. Today I woke up (after having my phone charging all night) and it was at 100% , within 45 minutes it went from 100% to 2% and shut off. I went to buy a brand new cell phone battery and when I put it in my phone, my phone went through the start up process which lasts about 3 minutes and then after that it showed the battery at less than 5% and the phone shut off...so now I'm charging it but I'm wondering is this normal for a brand new cell phone battery? It has to be charged first?

Also how can I tell if this is my phone instead of my battery?

If your phone has multitasking, make sure you close all programs you're not using, that could be the issue.

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
If it says that it's an "Outright Purchase", that means it's not under contract right? What's the difference between Outright and Prepaid?

I'm looking at an iPhone 4:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/product/apple-iphone-4-8gb-black-outright-purchase-md128c-a/10218264.aspx?path=7a7e7a18ec4b761f0267105bb752ad44en02

But it says: This plan is valid when you activate your phone on new two-year voice or voice and data activation with a minimum monthly rate requirement.

wtf?
that looks like a double screwing. you are paying full retail for a phone that's two generations old, and you still have to agree to a two year service plan.

fuck contracts. fuck old phones.

nexus phone for life.

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
that looks like a double screwing. you are paying full retail for a phone that's two generations old, and you still have to agree to a two year service plan.

fuck contracts. fuck old phones.

nexus phone for life.
fuck contracts. the rest, meh.

1781 - 1799 of 1799 Posts