Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1701 - 1714 of 1714 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,734 Posts
scorpion got f1 approved last month, totally different gun with the stock. 762 on top, did this in tungsten cerakote

mega+bcm bench gun, setting this up with some glass and a bipod, dark burnt bronze cerakote

·
Mike
39 Posts
scorpion got f1 approved last month, totally different gun with the stock. 762 on top, did this in tungsten cerakote

mega+bcm bench gun, setting this up with some glass and a bipod, dark burnt bronze cerakote

Sweet scorpion. I've been stalking for an Z5RS to SBR&suppress with no luck. who did the cerakote?

·
Super Moderator
10,734 Posts
Sweet scorpion. I've been stalking for an Z5RS to SBR&suppress with no luck. who did the cerakote?
I got a guy that does them for me haha. I was at Bullet Trap earlier today.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
welp got all the metal bits painted and such. i'll probably try to find time to bed the time here this weekend. i am quite pleased with how it turned out.

·
Mike
39 Posts
So the Hearing Protection Act first hearing was canceled in mourn of the VA shooting. Most of you already know that passing this bill will make acquiring a suppressor as easy as a long gun. NICS, pass, and done; take it home. With both House and Senate under (R) control and support of some (D), this maybe our best bet of passing this bill. The bill is under a set of other federal land law bills called SHARE.

Some of the sections stated the removal of suppressors from NFA and issuing refundable tax to suppressors purchased post HPA introduction, BATFE to destroy all suppressor related record, and protecting the legality in the current legal states.

Only problem emerged was if the bill were to pass, it gives suppressor owners the opportunity to sell privately; which avoids the NICS, as long as you think the buyer isn't breaking any laws. That means criminals can get there hands on one.

I'm all in for HPA but I don't know about destroying all serialized records. I feel it would just be simpler if suppressors can only be one ownership and BATFE still have records. Any thoughts?

·
ICUStalking
10,193 Posts
So the Hearing Protection Act first hearing was canceled in mourn of the VA shooting. Most of you already know that passing this bill will make acquiring a suppressor as easy as a long gun. NICS, pass, and done; take it home. With both House and Senate under (R) control and support of some (D), this maybe our best bet of passing this bill. The bill is under a set of other federal land law bills called SHARE.

Some of the sections stated the removal of suppressors from NFA and issuing refundable tax to suppressors purchased post HPA introduction, BATFE to destroy all suppressor related record, and protecting the legality in the current legal states.

Only problem emerged was if the bill were to pass, it gives suppressor owners the opportunity to sell privately; which avoids the NICS, as long as you think the buyer isn't breaking any laws. That means criminals can get there hands on one.

I'm all in for HPA but I don't know about destroying all serialized records. I feel it would just be simpler if suppressors can only be one ownership and BATFE still have records. Any thoughts?
Yup.

FUCK THE ATF.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
still willing to bet it'll never pass. with the introduction of it and all the hype around the thing it has killed suppressor sales across the board. everyone is all oh but it may pass, i'll wait... last i heard silencer co had to lay off a ton of people because they're not moving shit and they have a lot of inventory not moving.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
got the gun bedded a couple weeks ago, grouped it on the 4th finally... 5 shot group. 3 rounds all within 0.200 of one another, two wingers that were within 0.500 of the group. wind was running around 15 miles an hour, shots were taken at 90 yards. (had some mud at 100 so just went to 90) over all the thing shoots better than i can without any doubt in my mind. time to step up my game now.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
got the gun bedded a couple weeks ago, grouped it on the 4th finally... 5 shot group. 3 rounds all within 0.200 of one another, two wingers that were within 0.500 of the group. wind was running around 15 miles an hour, shots were taken at 90 yards. (had some mud at 100 so just went to 90) over all the thing shoots better than i can without any doubt in my mind. time to step up my game now.

Is that the best you could do? Dang.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
Is that the best you could do? Dang.
just bought a new scope, something with better glass... after i get it dialed in, i'm going to try again. i have some new ammo to try as well. sig's performance stuff. :dontknow: dunno if it's worth a shit or not.

I figure as well once i start reloading for this thing and find what powder/bullet it likes it'll tighten up. for off the shelf cheap ammo i'm not complaining.

trashed the image from imgur along with a bunch of others i didn't think i was using just to find i used it here :rotfl:

1701 - 1714 of 1714 Posts