Xander 1
randallstevens 1
05DC5LUVR 1
Evil_X 1
9/11 RSX-s 1

·
Turbocharged Cow...balt
5,965 Posts
So if Seth kept the P90 hed turn into an ugly woman???
Someone sell me a P90...I've got an idea.....:shady:

Also, there was a manhunt in our county last night for two armed men that forced their way into someone's home at gunpoint and robbed the home owner.

The wife thought I was crazy for bringing the AR up to the bedroom and keeping it next to the bed. She's going to get a stern talking to tonight.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
sam from sg1 wasn't ugly :confused:

also... yea yea yea i didn't completely want to sell it but i never used it and it was so damn expensive to shoot :(

so.... last week i made a comment about the whole m107 need to buy thing... there's a barrett special going on now. m107s are shipping with a free suppressor which doesn't say what brand... but still.

http://www.barrett.net/firearms/qdlsuppressor

guessing it's that thing which retails at 2900 bucks... faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak someone give me like 14 grand so i can buy one :rotfl:

·
Vietnamese Singer
28,049 Posts
Someone sell me a P90...I've got an idea.....:shady:

And the safe is already getting full.

Also, there was a manhunt in our county last night for two armed men that forced their way into someone's home at gunpoint and robbed the home owner.

The wife thought I was crazy for bringing the AR up to the bedroom and keeping it next to the bed. She's going to get a stern talking to tonight.
A few weeks ago we had a pursuit and two occupants bailed from the vehicle, we picked one up within 15 minutes with the help of a dog, but the other we couldn't find. 1.5 hours later we get a call from the sheriff's officer from the adjacent agency, a homeowner had one at gunpoint. They pick him up and turns out he was the number two in the car. The sketchy part? It was about half a mile from my home (I live near the border between the two counties). Did they find the guys?
sam from sg1 wasn't ugly :confused:

also... yea yea yea i didn't completely want to sell it but i never used it and it was so damn expensive to shoot :(

so.... last week i made a comment about the whole m107 need to buy thing... there's a barrett special going on now. m107s are shipping with a free suppressor which doesn't say what brand... but still.

http://www.barrett.net/firearms/qdlsuppressor

guessing it's that thing which retails at 2900 bucks... faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak someone give me like 14 grand so i can buy one :rotfl:
:rain: There's an M107 (I think, or some variation of it, .50 BMG though) for sale on the local firearms forum, dude wanted quite a bit for it. Even though I said I'd never buy one, would love to shoot one just to see what it's like lol

·
Turbocharged Cow...balt
5,965 Posts
A few weeks ago we had a pursuit and two occupants bailed from the vehicle, we picked one up within 15 minutes with the help of a dog, but the other we couldn't find. 1.5 hours later we get a call from the sheriff's officer from the adjacent agency, a homeowner had one at gunpoint. They pick him up and turns out he was the number two in the car. The sketchy part? It was about half a mile from my home (I live near the border between the two counties). Did they find the guys?
As of this morning, they were still looking. I'm at work now and haven't been able to check for any updates.

Just after we laid down in bed last night, I kept hearing this same car go by the house every couple minutes. Sounded like an old beater truck. This happens at least three or four times. I kept listening and the wife kept poking away on her Surface tablet. I was getting ready to mention it to her when she asked if it was the same vehicle that kept going by.

I said it sure sounded like it. Next time I hear it, it sounds like it just stops in the road so I peaked out the blinds...damn neighbors had put a bunch of junk at the top of their driveway and this guy was making trips back and forth to pick up whatever he seemed interested in. We had a good laugh after that.

·
Vietnamese Singer
28,049 Posts
As of this morning, they were still looking. I'm at work now and haven't been able to check for any updates.

Just after we laid down in bed last night, I kept hearing this same car go by the house every couple minutes. Sounded like an old beater truck. This happens at least three or four times. I kept listening and the wife kept poking away on her Surface tablet. I was getting ready to mention it to her when she asked if it was the same vehicle that kept going by.

I said it sure sounded like it. Next time I hear it, it sounds like it just stops in the road so I peaked out the blinds...damn neighbors had put a bunch of junk at the top of their driveway and this guy was making trips back and forth to pick up whatever he seemed interested in. We had a good laugh after that.
lol that's funny man, definitely would keep me on my toes. I love on a culdesac so I generally know who is coming in and out but I do live next a fairly heavily forested area. I actually see deer roaming through my yard pretty often. If there was a manhunt going on around me I'd definitely be carrying my AR slinged around me, don't even care if my neighbors see me lol.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
i live in a remote area with other armed neighbors (and other pigs) on a dead end street, in an area with one entrance/exit. would be a bad place for a bad guy to try to seek refuge.

we don't have that many deer for some reason anymore, but there are some, and coyotes hang around. when i had my dog magnus everything stayed away from my land (kinda like the t-rex pee thing from the third jurassic park) but now things are starting to come back around. maybe he was the reason for the deer staying away too :dontknow: nothing is scared of my little pit like they were him.

edit: pics of dogs just because....

the pit is 55 pounds....

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I use my knife everyday so I'm fine with the cost. I'm not sure which chest rig I would get I'm wanting 6 mags I think. Plate carrier is out of my price range.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
I have an SOE chest rig, it's good shit. Benchmade knives are also awesome, but I can't stomach paying that much for one.
I use my knife everyday so I'm fine with the cost. I'm not sure which chest rig I would get I'm wanting 6 mags I think. Plate carrier is out of my price range.
every day use is why i don't like the prices... my knives get a lot of use, and will eventually get some irreversible defect. i found myself chopping something with my s30v blur the other day and the thought about made me sick... i couldn't imagine doing that to a contego, or presidio or something. most people i know that have them either don't carry them, or use them lightly on daily use, like slicing, or cutting off tags; not stuff that will cause you to have to reprofile the blade or test the lock. i like a lot of the bm knives, but in the price range i like zero tolerance for how robust they are. i couldn't imagine being one of these people who daily carry a crk (chris reeve, not crkt) or hinderer as a daily.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Check these guys out for plates/carriers.
http://www.ar500armor.com/
I bought plates from them. They aren't the lightest thing ever, but I honestly will probably never have to use them for anything so it didn't matter to me a lot. I mostly got it for the off chance that total chaos breaks out one day or something.

I don't see anything wrong with using a bench made everyday, but i'm with smith. I'd vomit if I chipped the blade or something. That being said, if I could afford one I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

·
Turbocharged Cow...balt
5,965 Posts
My daily carry blade is a Kershaw Leek. The most abuse it usually sees is cutting open a taped box or removing tags, etc...

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
I see what y'all mean. I carry a blur also smith it's a great knife.
btw, don't let me (us) discourage you from getting a benchmade, they're tough knives, and their axis lock works really well. they have more folders that i like than any other company, i just always find myself getting something else. either because another one is more robust (such as the zt line... the 0300/0301 etc. have a frame lock and are as girthy as seth) but i like benchmade's serrations better. or spyderco offering knives with better steels for the same price point as just about any other manufacturer. benchmade's go to is 154cm which is an awesome steel, holds an edge really well, and sharpens easily, but if i can get an endura 4 with zdp-189 for just a few bucks more than a griptilian, i'm going for it... though i think both of those knives feel awkwardly weighted in the handle. i wouldn't tell anybody not to get either of those though, both are excellent.

i don't know how much into knives and steels you are, and i may be preaching to the choir with all of this... but i've gotten to where i keep different knives for different things. i love crkt for my knives that i carry the most and will get abused. you can get an m16-xxx in the $30-$40 range depending on steel and features, and the aus-8 is a very tough steel even if it doesn't have hardness/edge holding like s30v/vg10/154cm, but with the toughness of it, it's more forgiving. the difference is aus steels are easy to sharpen, and far easier to reprofile than higher end steels, and less likely to break/chip in an awkward situation. reprofiling s30v and other premiums is a pain in the ass, not so much with the steels like aus8/440c. btw, i can't comment on the 8crxxx metals crkt has been bringing in, for all i know they could be the chinese equivalents of 420j or 440a... which by the way are tough, but so soft that they have no edge retention and everything dulls or rolls the edges.

My daily carry blade is a Kershaw Leek. The most abuse it usually sees is cutting open a taped box or removing tags, etc...
man, i'm rough on my knives... whittling softer metals, batoning wood (been trying to save that for the fixed blades) chopping limbs, starting new holes in whatever (of course no prying, just stabbing/tapping/spinning) and of course good ol' cutting and slicing of stuff like plastic, rubber, paper, and cardboard.

i have to say, one knife that has impressed me with the abuse it has taken is my kabar black fighter 1271. it has a thicker tang than the rest of the kabar line sans the kabar tanto, which is the same knife with a different blade profile. it's a large knife that even holds up well to throwing.

1 - 20 of 1855 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.