Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1121 - 1132 of 1132 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
42,973 Posts
btw recently purchased a used set in very good quality from callaway preowned.. went with the x2 hot pro 5-pw set.. really nice feel, still getting used to them but so far i love them. came with some golf pride grips :giggity:

·
Bonhomies Panties
8,110 Posts
that's a bummer, AZ is where it's at!

where in AZ does he live again? i would be game to play when you come out here in Aug if you bring your clubs
lives in tempe

btw recently purchased a used set in very good quality from callaway preowned.. went with the x2 hot pro 5-pw set.. really nice feel, still getting used to them but so far i love them. came with some golf pride grips :giggity:
nice, been considering to get either mizuno's irons again or the new nikes.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
17,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,125
that's a bummer, AZ is where it's at!

where in AZ does he live again? i would be game to play when you come out here in Aug if you bring your clubs
i want to come out to AZ and play, maybe the next trip in the fall. or you can come to dallas and i'll show you which way my club shoots

hilton head in august, my first time any of y'all been? gonna play three courses that are part of my club network

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
42,973 Posts
i want to come out to AZ and play, maybe the next trip in the fall. or you can come to dallas and i'll show you which way my club shoots

hilton head in august, my first time any of y'all been? gonna play three courses that are part of my club network
come on out man!!

pretty pump for this weekend, staying at scottsdale fairmont and playing at the TPC Stadium course :weeeeeeeeee::weeeeeeeeee:.

been swinging the club pretty good lately and these x2 hot pro irons and working for me now.

9,696 Posts
come on out man!!

pretty pump for this weekend, staying at scottsdale fairmont and playing at the TPC Stadium course :weeeeeeeeee::weeeeeeeeee:.

been swinging the club pretty good lately and these x2 hot pro irons and working for me now.
sick! i stopped by and took a look around there when i was in AZ a couple years ago.

Won a tournament down in Austin last weekend. It was a 2 man scramble and the pairings were random. two day event. My partner could absolutely smash it so I would hit a safe shot in the fairway and give him a chance to bomb it. We shot a 68 on the second round and the next best score was a 77. Also won a closest to the pin challenge. 140 yard shot to 1 foot!

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
what do you guys think about the taylormade sldr? just bought one off my neighbor for $125, because he never could hit it after using it a couple times. i used it for a few holes a few weeks ago, and did pretty well with it. the driver i've been using for the better part of 15 years, is a taylormade firesole (have a ti bubble too) and every time i play over the last few years, my driving is inconsistent. i think the firesole is just plain dead, because my first drive with the sldr was about 260-270 yards, perfectly straight.

i've only played a few times over the last few years, but, today at dick's sporting goods, my club head speed suprised me, being about 97-100. does this warrant a stiff shaft in todays clubs? everything else is different than it was 10-15 years ago. like how i've bitched about not knowing which ball to choose anymore since they got rid of the simple fucking system of labeling the compression, i.e. 80, 90, 100, 110.

anyway, after i feel i'm worthy of getting a new driver, i might. i tried a ping g30, and taylormade r15, and i did better with the g30.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
42,973 Posts
sick! i stopped by and took a look around there when i was in AZ a couple years ago.

Won a tournament down in Austin last weekend. It was a 2 man scramble and the pairings were random. two day event. My partner could absolutely smash it so I would hit a safe shot in the fairway and give him a chance to bomb it. We shot a 68 on the second round and the next best score was a 77. Also won a closest to the pin challenge. 140 yard shot to 1 foot!

seeing the 16th without all the bleachers was weird. crazy how big TV makes it look. took it for par.

that's awesome dude. nice shot on that 140 yarder

what do you guys think about the taylormade sldr? just bought one off my neighbor for $125, because he never could hit it after using it a couple times. i used it for a few holes a few weeks ago, and did pretty well with it. the driver i've been using for the better part of 15 years, is a taylormade firesole (have a ti bubble too) and every time i play over the last few years, my driving is inconsistent. i think the firesole is just plain dead, because my first drive with the sldr was about 260-270 yards, perfectly straight.

i've only played a few times over the last few years, but, today at dick's sporting goods, my club head speed suprised me, being about 97-100. does this warrant a stiff shaft in todays clubs? everything else is different than it was 10-15 years ago. like how i've bitched about not knowing which ball to choose anymore since they got rid of the simple fucking system of labeling the compression, i.e. 80, 90, 100, 110.

anyway, after i feel i'm worthy of getting a new driver, i might. i tried a ping g30, and taylormade r15, and i did better with the g30.
sldr is a good driver from what i have seen & read. the new g30 is awesome, i've hit that stick a few times. haven't tried the r15.

hard to say if stiff or regular works for you, i dont think i would let my swing speed alone dictate that. it's more about your preference and what feels good to you and differences you feel with ball flight, etc...

Attachments

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
42,973 Posts

seeing the 16th hole without all the bleachers was weird. crazy how big TV makes it look. took it for par.

sldr is a good driver from what i have seen & read. the new g30 is awesome, i've hit that stick a few times. haven't tried the r15.

hard to say if stiff or regular works for you, i dont think i would let my swing speed alone dictate that. it's more about your preference and what feels good to you and differences you feel with ball flight, etc...

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
17,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,131

thats awesome dude, congrats

i played in our club ryder cup tournament and lost my individual match to a 20 handicapper. it was full handicaps so the dude got 20 strokes and ended up with a 69 :mad: fkn sandbaggers

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
17,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,132

seeing the 16th hole without all the bleachers was weird. crazy how big TV makes it look. took it for par.

dope :pimp shit looks so perfect. def want to play there one day

i went to hilton head a cpl weeks ago but they closed the harbor town course for regrassing, i did by a shirt tho lol

1121 - 1132 of 1132 Posts