germs 16
eskribble 15
chicagorsx-s 6
BlkCivic 5
thebluedc5 4
VSmotorsports 4
:giggity: i win

#11 ·
So the place I ordered my vacuum block materials and oil restrictor etc... their warehouse is in chicago.

Free next day shipping :)
wtf is an oil restrictor? i just ordered my heatwrap (got urs too), vac block and spark plugs. i was gonna get the 1/8" NPT fitting off here but i just couldnt justify spending $10 on a fitting :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

#15 ·
wtf is an oil restrictor? i just ordered my heatwrap (got urs too), vac block and spark plugs. i was gonna get the 1/8" NPT fitting off here but i just couldnt justify spending $10 on a fitting :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Chinese turbo + oil restrictor = long life

The chinese turbos are known to wear the oil seals because K20 puts out like 80+psi @ wot

The turbos require 5-40psi

Thats the number one cause of chinese turbo death lol

Oh, and I ordered 1/8NPT fittings from the place. It was 7 bucks for a pack of 10 :)

http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.AS...hDtlLink&fasttrack=False&searchstring=5346K61

#29 ·
How many jack stands do you have Yuliang?

Check my ninja edit for a working link to the hose barb fittings lol

I swear all those vacuum blocks are just riced out versions of commercial vacuum manifolds
:rotfl: that's why Andrew wants em.

#38 ·
I'm assuming 3/8 hose for the 3/8 fitting

I'm also assuming 1/8 hose for the 1/8 fitting

Its pretty standard to have the same size hose go to the fitting

I know all my BOV/WG vacuum lines are going to be 1/8
The 3/8 is the feed for the vacuum block, and I think the brake booster/PCV hose is 3/8

#47 ·
I'll break it down

From here on, anything before the throttle body is "compressor"
Anything after the throttle body is "manifold"

WG goes to compressor
Vacuum block goes to manifold, and feeds :
BOV
Boost gauge

My WG has 2 ports, one for normal operation, the other is supplimental for a boost controller

The port on WG for boost control will go to
Boost controller, which goes to
vacuum block

#49 ·
To be honest I have no idea how internal wastegates are regulated

I took apart my external so I know exactly how it works, and tested it with a vacuum pump

I am pretty sure your wastegate in normal operation will be connected to compressor

The more pressure it sees, it will eventually overcome the spring and open the flapper allowing exhaust bypass

With a boost controller, you can limit how much pressure it sees and in turn ave the flapper open later, allowing for more boost

This is just theory, I never really played with an internal wastegate

#50 ·
does this make sense to you?

the port 1 goes to the wastegate actuator, then the other side (port 2) goes to a main vac source. The middle is the filter/foam element.
this means port 2 just goes to the block? seems pretty basic if thats the case lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.