Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1721 - 1727 of 1727 Posts

·
Knight Armament SR-635
36,643 Posts
Personally, I think they're making it sound worse than it is.
They always have, always will.
I'm just ready for the gas lines are stores to chill the fuck out over nothing
heard ppl are freaking the fuck out. Not sure how ppl can live in a hurricane ally and not be prepared for this shit... in advance

·
147,270 Posts
Wait to see what happens, courses & intensity change when it hits land (Cuba, DR, etc) so once it starts heading this way is when it's time to truly get in gear

But long lines for gas & stores being out of water is retarded
You'd think these people have never been through this before

Hurricanes don't bother me
Living in Illinois with tornadoes bothered me. At least now we get a week or two heads up compared to a couple minutes. 16yrs later and I still can't stand to hear a tornado siren

·
GJS
131 Posts
I think that's where I saw it too, either at or by the guy who seems to have a ton of hub caps and whatnot around his place.

Yeah, I go every so often but haven't yet put my car on track.
There was this gem a couple weeks ago though
LOL yea that guy sells cars all the time. Most of them are junkers and I wouldn't trust anything he sells.

Nice , yea they get some nice cars there.

·
GJS
131 Posts
heard ppl are freaking the fuck out. Not sure how ppl can live in a hurricane ally and not be prepared for this shit... in advance
Yea the stores are getting crazy. Good thing is that here in key largo we have a small population so the only place that gets packed are the gas stations. Already got water and other necessities earlier this week just in case though.

What's horrible for me is work. I work in Insurance and we are getting flooded with calls. And everyone NOW wants wind/hurricane coverage on their properties since most don't want to buy because it can be expensive. But now they are SOL.
Only people covered are the ones smart enough to protect their investments and the ones forced to get it from their mortgage lol

Wait to see what happens, courses & intensity change when it hits land (Cuba, DR, etc) so once it starts heading this way is when it's time to truly get in gear

But long lines for gas & stores being out of water is retarded
You'd think these people have never been through this before

Hurricanes don't bother me
Living in Illinois with tornadoes bothered me. At least now we get a week or two heads up compared to a couple minutes. 16yrs later and I still can't stand to hear a tornado siren
I like to wait as well but they have issued watches and now warnings for our areas already. When it's a warning it's pretty serious.

From your response, I assume you live in a CBS house that I'm sure can handle a hurricane. And this is exactly why the building codes are so high in our coastal areas of Florida. We've built 2 houses and they are concrete bunkers so I'm not worried, just need to shutter up the windows.
The people who are going crazy are the one's who live in frame homes or mobile homes. And I don't blame them. If this curves our way last min 75%+ of them are done.

It's funny because I told my in-laws to come down to our house if they need to get out because they live in a townhouse on the Miami River. But since we are in Key Largo they automatically think we are in a worse situation then them. And most people from the mainland think that way as well. Honestly though, with strict building codes, we are better off than most.

1721 - 1727 of 1727 Posts