Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 1858 Posts

·
Living Legend
12,655 Posts
Alumni game was great today. To bad it didn't end in Toronto's favor but they kept it interesting haha.

Amazing experience so far. Our taxi driver thought Nova Scotia was next to Alberta but that's okay lol.

Bundled the fuck up today for the game

We went to Comerica Park at 9am this morning and it was dead. We walked right into the coke zero event and no one said anything to us. Walked into the Hockey Hall Of Fame and only security was in there who didn't say anything to us. So took a bunch of pics. Eventually we got told we couldn't be in there but after literally 30 minutes lol and we were done anyways. We had no idea at the time that it wasn't open till 11am.

We also got to meet Lanny McDonald and get autographs.

Canadian invasion ;)

·
Running from the Blerch
16,484 Posts
You guys are nuts for braving that cold for the games. Bet it was awesome though.
It was really cool to watch on TV. All that snow coming down. Made for quite the game.
And 105k people... Just crazy.

·
Living Legend
12,655 Posts
Even though I had two cancelled flights and got home a day later then I should of I couldn't of asked for a better Winter Classic. Toronto winning that way was amazing. The buzzer going off the Detroit breakaway :rotfl:

Took me 2 hours to get a cab after but was all good. The place was so electrifying. The crowd was amazing. Everyone having a good time. Forget taking a piss at The Big House. lol

Some of my pics

Canadian Invasion ;)

Pre game stuff. Buddy was carving the logos out of ice

me standing in front of the leafs blow up thing. I know I'm wearing a red jacket, but it was my warmest so said fuck it.

Before the game taking pics. Those guys shoveling must of been sore. They were shoveling for hours non stop before the game.

Everyone got to keep these. They were seat covers and inside the pouch they had hockey cards. They helped the butt from freezing off.

Starting to fill up. we stayed in the lobby area for a bit because it was cold

My seats. The pole wasn't an issue. I could see the entire game unless it was on our side against the boards

My Dad and I. The only thing that started getting cold was my toes during the 1st period but then they got feeling again. Also my legs were frozen as fuck after the game was done. My jeans were like ice. Once you start walking around though you start to feel fine again. If you are used to snow then you can power through it. Or maybe I'm to Canadian lol

Cool photo that I saw online

·
Living Legend
12,655 Posts
Nice photos!! These are mine from the Winter Classic today (also cold as fuck, lol)

Great pics. I got some panaorama ones as well and some others. I'll upload them later.

Amazing experience. Either way the game went I couldn't of asked for a better ending. Of course I wanted Toronto to win, but going into OT and then shoot-out was amazing.

·
MEGATRON!
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,811
Yeah that buzzer on the breakaway at 2:30 fucking sucked! Lol, but glad you enjoyed the fun little town of Ann arbor. I love it there

·
Registered
29,386 Posts
Fucking Caps shitting the bed.

1801 - 1820 of 1858 Posts