Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 1868 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
So true, its stock minus a greddy evo exhaust. It will only get funner to drive
Good Exhaust! slap a CAI on it...I'm running an AEM V2. cold air intakes are to risky where I live. The possibility's are only limited to you and $$$. The more you put into it the more it gives back. Had mine for over ten years, and I'm still putting money in it!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks, and wow thats a long time. Cai is deffinedly next on the list, then to figure out whats next
Best relationship I ever had. lol Lot's of info on here and used parts come and go. How many miles on yours. I'm sittin at 110k having to rebuild engine due to my underestimating a puddle? Yeah it's lowered...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best relationship I ever had. lol Lot's of info on here and used parts come and go. How many miles on yours. I'm sittin at 110k having to rebuild engine due to my underestimating a puddle? Yeah it's lowered...
40k on my rebuilt a2 runs luke a charm other than a tapping that im sure is the valves needing to be adjusted. And yeah i dont miss the dirt nasty low life

·
Registered
376 Posts
40k on my rebuilt a2 runs luke a charm other than a tapping that im sure is the valves needing to be adjusted. And yeah i dont miss the dirt nasty low life
LOL and good morning! 40k is prime to start breathing on that. How long have you owned it? I throw up some pix I am doing most everything myself, I was a mechanic for 20+ years. I worked for CAT on heavy equipment because I got board of fixing cars. interested again because they've gotten a bit more complex? IMG_3827.JPG IMG_3829.JPG IMG_3832.JPG Basic port matching, good valvetrain that can handle 15mm of lift. New valves, pistons and the like. Haven't made a final decision on cams but I have 06 TSX's that will go in for break in. Waiting for the head to get back getting the guides done by a shop....ehh.

·
Registered
179 Posts

Cars going under the knife next week. Rear main seal, clutch, fly wheel, full coilovers, rear sway bar, and going to patch up some holes from rust on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts

Cars going under the knife next week. Rear main seal, clutch, fly wheel, full coilovers, rear sway bar, and going to patch up some holes from rust on the floor.

That's tight! How the fuc can you have NO real visible chips/dings? Yet holes in the floor? I got ONE lil' dent on the mid body crease and it messed up my whole body line. I have strongly debated the rear lip spoiler....Still haven't decided. That doesn't look like stock paint? it's not silver, but close. Those frt. brakes don't look stock either. So many questions, so what are you running on coil overs and clutch?

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's tight! How the fuc can you have NO real visible chips/dings? Yet holes in the floor? I got ONE lil' dent on the mid body crease and it messed up my whole body line. I have strongly debated the rear lip spoiler....Still haven't decided. That doesn't look like stock paint? it's not silver, but close. Those frt. brakes don't look stock either. So many questions, so what are you running on coil overs and clutch?
Bought the car about a year ago bone stock. It’s a NE car so I’m assuming the previous owner took care of it but neglected the bottom of the car. Since purchasing the car I’ve done a k20a complete swap, TL type S brakes, replaced the rear brakes while I was at it, changed all the rubber in the front end and it’s fbo and tuned.

Color is magnesium metallic and is a factory color. As far as i know it hasn’t been repainted either. Car does have its issues, hood isn’t aligned right, got a few little dents here and there and of course the floor has two little holes from rust.

So I’m 99% sure my rear main seal is leaking. I’m taking the opportunity next week to take the transmission off, replace the rear main seal and while I’m at it, do the clutch and fly wheel (exedy stage 1 and exedy light weight flywheel) mostly because the swap came with what feels like a stage 2 unknown clutch and it’s starting to slip (most likely from the oil leak) i am also going to be installing rigid collars on the cradle. The coilovers are koni/ground controls.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Bought the car about a year ago bone stock. It’s a NE car so I’m assuming the previous owner took care of it but neglected the bottom of the car. Since purchasing the car I’ve done a k20a complete swap, TL type S brakes, replaced the rear brakes while I was at it, changed all the rubber in the front end and it’s fbo and tuned.

Color is magnesium metallic and is a factory color. As far as i know it hasn’t been repainted either. Car does have its issues, hood isn’t aligned right, got a few little dents here and there and of course the floor has two little holes from rust.

So I’m 99% sure my rear main seal is leaking. I’m taking the opportunity next week to take the transmission off, replace the rear main seal and while I’m at it, do the clutch and fly wheel (exedy stage 1 and exedy light weight flywheel) mostly because the swap came with what feels like a stage 2 unknown clutch and it’s starting to slip (most likely from the oil leak) i am also going to be installing rigid collars on the cradle. The coilovers are koni/ground controls.

Already I like you! Your not playing. Mine is silver, not desert silver and I thought that was all that was available? I to am thinking about the tl ts brake swap, how did that go for you? I will defeat the governor w/ K-PRO and rumor has it 182 mph is not out of the question. I'm looking at frt. spliters/ spoilers as we speak. Still got to get the engine done, spending money before I can afford it! I have a exedy stage 1 just fine for now, no light weight flywheel. But I would go with a stage two If I were you. I wish I did...I mean as long as your at it. Great clutch though. No doubt your seal leak took out yours. Be careful how much you lube the shaft as to that can also fling around and mess up a brand new pressure plate. Few pix of some parts I got. I'm from IL, you live in NE? All my rubber is replaced and I went / Suspension techniques motor mount inserts total illimitation of wheel hop on launch. out back adjustable caber arms. Handles ok for now but KYB or KONI is in my future. 9863060C-0793-47D5-8E52-7DA6ED0E290F.jpeg EFDFF207-F5C3-4809-B5CC-1AC1F3A0A73B.jpeg F58F4574-9F62-4244-A0B0-1369F0FF4907.jpeg IMG_3817.JPG IMG_3823.JPG Ferria valves and guides. Factory dual spring seats/retainers, Blox dual springs, supertech keepers, factory seals, and Nippon pistons w/ cyro treated rings.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Already I like you! Your not playing. Mine is silver, not desert silver and I thought that was all that was available? I to am thinking about the tl ts brake swap, how did that go for you? I will defeat the governor w/ K-PRO and rumor has it 182 mph is not out of the question. I'm looking at frt. spliters/ spoilers as we speak. Still got to get the engine done, spending money before I can afford it! I have a exedy stage 1 just fine for now, no light weight flywheel. But I would go with a stage two If I were you. I wish I did...I mean as long as your at it. Great clutch though. No doubt your seal leak took out yours. Be careful how much you lube the shaft as to that can also fling around and mess up a brand new pressure plate. Few pix of some parts I got. I'm from IL, you live in NE? All my rubber is replaced and I went / Suspension techniques motor mount inserts total illimitation of wheel hop on launch. out back adjustable caber arms. Handles ok for now but KYB or KONI is in my future. View attachment 564982 View attachment 564983 View attachment 564984 View attachment 564985 View attachment 564987 Ferria valves and guides. Factory dual spring seats/retainers, Blox dual springs, supertech keepers, factory seals, and Nippon pistons w/ cyro treated rings.
Lol yea my car was supposed to be a daily driver. So I’m not doing anything to crazy...yet lol. I believe my car has a stage 2 currently and it’s alright but I’m not a huge fan of it for daily use. I doubt the light weight flywheel will honestly make too much of a difference since mine is currently type r which is pretty light to begin with. The tl-s conversion wasn’t as easy as i planned, but that’s mostly because i needed spacers to clear my mugen gp wheels. I’ve got kpro v4, only reason i got it is because i got it dirt cheap. Not sure it was quite worth it for having basically just a fbo swap. I’d like to make mine auto-x capable and I’ll be happy enough for now. What are your plans with yours?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Lol yea my car was supposed to be a daily driver. So I’m not doing anything to crazy...yet lol. I believe my car has a stage 2 currently and it’s alright but I’m not a huge fan of it for daily use. I doubt the light weight flywheel will honestly make too much of a difference since mine is currently type r which is pretty light to begin with. The tl-s conversion wasn’t as easy as i planned, but that’s mostly because i needed spacers to clear my mugen gp wheels. I’ve got kpro v4, only reason i got it is because i got it dirt cheap. Not sure it was quite worth it for having basically just a fbo swap. I’d like to make mine auto-x capable and I’ll be happy enough for now. What are your plans with yours?

I wasn't gonna say anything right off...But yeah I'd skip the light weight flywheel. NOT very streetable. I would also pass on an aluminum crank pully. Both are kinda drag only if ya ask me. NOTHING but trouble on a street car? My stage one is fine w/ intake coolant bypass on throttle body, highly recommend. Put a breather on your V.C and plug the rest, coolant and intake input. any hot air you can get outta there the better, unless you live in Canada or Alaska? If you start adding cams and more compression, Race header, and all that. I will be going stage two EXEDY. I'll be at 11.5 comp, tsx cams will be swapped out for most likely TODA stage 3's , Exhaust OBX, Intake will remain PRB that is gasket matched w K-Tuned thermo gasket, If necessary I'd go RBC but it seems like more trouble if your into drivability and willing to give up mid range for top end numbers. Heads are cleaned up along with intake, Unshrouded the valves around chambers, polished runners up, cleaned the seat to ports for no seams and polished the chambers. I got a piss pile of "stuff" off E-*** to do all this for cheap. Just don't go over board on the PBR head it's pretty damn good outta the box. Basically I've READ WHAT"S HERE. I want a STREET WARRIOR. There is no where to race around here but the street. I want midrange streetable torque and H.P. K-PRO will be mandatory for this I have 440cc injectors from RDX brand new. I'll get the handling dialed in later. Need struts and a good alignment and that's about it?
IMG_3828.JPG IMG_3833.JPG TB Plugged.jpg

·
Registered
376 Posts
that’s the closest color to mine I’ve seen so far if it isn’t the same color lol
I'd say all you need to do is wax yours and your in the ballgame?!? Get at it this I gotta see....stay safe and take care of you and yours, that's what I'm doing. I'm still not familiar with that "factory" color...But I wish I had it. Somebody correct me. Ya got a paint code on the door sill?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'd say all you need to do is wax yours and your in the ballgame?!? Get at it this I gotta see....stay safe and take care of you and yours, that's what I'm doing. I'm still not familiar with that "factory" color...But I wish I had it. Somebody correct me. Ya got a paint code on the door sill?
i sure dont. I took off everything minus the warning labels when i painted the jams lol my paint code is way off from what it was. I do need to wetsand and buff it. It’s still un-waxed or have any kind of cleaning product on the clear yet. I finished painting it last October. Lol been to busy with this damn turbo kit

·
Registered
376 Posts
i sure dont. I took off everything minus the warning labels when i painted the jams lol my paint code is way off from what it was. I do need to wetsand and buff it. It’s still un-waxed or have any kind of cleaning product on the clear yet. I finished painting it last October. Lol been to busy with this damn turbo kit
Warning labels for what? " Careful not to bump your knees"! lol I stuff and strap myself in. Feels like home. A good friend of mines daughter was riding with me awhile back and said "these seats just hug you". The way she was looking at me made me uncomfortable....I went to high school with her mom! I admire the way your doing this. That color is so NOT stock, cool all the same. I saw an M3 the other day in St. Louis painted flat black. It looked mean. I said to my G/F it takes some balls to paint a car like that. Gotta love it! Still some colors are like cop magnets? It's like your riding around in a Jet Fighter? So what snags are you running into with your turbo? I have lots of fittings I'll try to get you some pix's of what I have. That seems to be the main thing along with tubing and intercooler. Ehh it will all be worth it when your done. Peace to you and yours.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Warning labels for what? " Careful not to bump your knees"! lol I stuff and strap myself in. Feels like home. A good friend of mines daughter was riding with me awhile back and said "these seats just hug you". The way she was looking at me made me uncomfortable....I went to high school with her mom! I admire the way your doing this. That color is so NOT stock, cool all the same. I saw an M3 the other day in St. Louis painted flat black. It looked mean. I said to my G/F it takes some balls to paint a car like that. Gotta love it! Still some colors are like cop magnets? It's like your riding around in a Jet Fighter? So what snags are you running into with your turbo? I have lots of fittings I'll try to get you some pix's of what I have. That seems to be the main thing along with tubing and intercooler. Ehh it will all be worth it when your done. Peace to you and yours.
i got it all good now. just have a small exhaust leak on one of the v bands so all i have to do is fix that then tune. i just masked off like the vin badge. i stripped the entire car minus motor and painted everything. its a rare thing to do these days. i personally dont know anyone whos done it in the past 10-15 yrs lol next im pulling the motor tucking everything and painting the bay candy purple with my destroyer grey accents and shaving holes and shit so its icy wet wet. lol i had to go aggressive on it so i could flex on those muscle car guys. so i did a muscle car color lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
i got it all good now. just have a small exhaust leak on one of the v bands so all i have to do is fix that then tune. i just masked off like the vin badge. i stripped the entire car minus motor and painted everything. its a rare thing to do these days. i personally dont know anyone whos done it in the past 10-15 yrs lol next im pulling the motor tucking everything and painting the bay candy purple with my destroyer grey accents and shaving holes and shit so its icy wet wet. lol i had to go aggressive on it so i could flex on those muscle car guys. so i did a muscle car color lol
Sometimes I think I'm all "good"...lol Really I'm not, I drink to much? You would be correct as to how to paint. It's a bitch to do it right as to door jams and engine bay. One thing I've done wrong is put more money in a car than it's worth. I just get into it and can't stop. As long as your doing it for you, your fine. Fuck everybody else. I feel likes it's paid for and other than gas I don't have to feed it! I put two kids through collage and they only call me when they want a new car! I got my daughter an A6 awhile back she say's "blonds look good in black cars". She'd look good in any car as long as I'm paying for it! Keep up with the pix as you are using this down time wisely. When Jessica was 13 I got her an 82 Z28 we built it up together. Then she got cooperate on me. Fuckin AUDI??? I admire your work and wish I was young again. Still working on mine I could show you some exciting pix of a short block that's starting to get rusted cylinders, what's the point? It will be badass when I'm done. Tell me more about tuning with K-PRO. As that I shall have.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sometimes I think I'm all "good"...lol Really I'm not, I drink to much? You would be correct as to how to paint. It's a bitch to do it right as to door jams and engine bay. One thing I've done wrong is put more money in a car than it's worth. I just get into it and can't stop. As long as your doing it for you, your fine. Fuck everybody else. I feel likes it's paid for and other than gas I don't have to feed it! I put two kids through collage and they only call me when they want a new car! I got my daughter an A6 awhile back she say's "blonds look good in black cars". She'd look good in any car as long as I'm paying for it! Keep up with the pix as you are using this down time wisely. When Jessica was 13 I got her an 82 Z28 we built it up together. Then she got cooperate on me. Fuckin AUDI??? I admire your work and wish I was young again. Still working on mine I could show you some exciting pix of a short block that's starting to get rusted cylinders, what's the point? It will be badass when I'm done. Tell me more about tuning with K-PRO. As that I shall have.
im actually teaching myself how to tune on it at the moment. im familiar with it i just havent ever adjusted timing or fuel, any of the main things. but i can get all the sensors and stuff built for my setup and stuff. only way i can learn stuff is to do it lol just been watching a lot of kpro tuning tutorials and lessons to get a grip on what to look for. i will for sure say ive spent probably 4-5x my cars book value or more lol ive kept every reciept for everything involving it down to every trip to the parts store. im scared to actually calculate them all. ive ot 2 folders full lol looks like a damn novel. pretty much the car is done just need to put on my new sticky icky icky tires and get an alignment and tune . ive been driving it the last couple days just babying it no boost or more than 20% throttle just to see if anything is going to break but so far its all working great. now i just need to learn to adjust fuel tables and timing setup the boost solenoid all that lol its gonna be fun.... sike lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
and also the turbo is stupid loud even trying to come out of vacuum lol its weird. car gets completely silent and all you hear is spool and i cant go past 0 vac/boost so i have to let off so it sucks. but the blow off valve is kinda loud for no positive boost yet. lol cant wait to just rip it. pedal wants to fall to the floor when the turbo starts to spool up. hard to not do it. but i put a rev limiter at 4k like limp mode so i dont get stupid and hurt it before its even 75% lol

1841 - 1860 of 1868 Posts