Yea, they play us really well too.

·
Registered
29,386 Posts
That Kardashian lover tho. 20 rebs

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Rondo to the Mavs is a very interesting trade. I think it's an amazing trade for the Celtics, seems I am in the minority with that idea. Brandon Wright is a great pick up, I watched Crowder live a few times and am always impressed, Nelson is a serviceable guard and then they get a few picks as well. Im not sure what the trade does for Dallas, it hurts their bench, future(which obviously they aren't worried about, win now) and they are getting a pg that can't shoot from range, is scared to get fouled so isn't that aggressive anymore, hopefully he just wasn't trying hard this year and now will turn it on for a contender.

These are probably my two favorite teams, I know it means a long road for the Celtics to rebuild and I am not sure it makes Dallas better.

·
Mad Scientist
1,356 Posts
Rondo to the Mavs is a very interesting trade. I think it's an amazing trade for the Celtics, seems I am in the minority with that idea. Brandon Wright is a great pick up, I watched Crowder live a few times and am always impressed, Nelson is a serviceable guard and then they get a few picks as well. Im not sure what the trade does for Dallas, it hurts their bench, future(which obviously they aren't worried about, win now) and they are getting a pg that can't shoot from range, is scared to get fouled so isn't that aggressive anymore, hopefully he just wasn't trying hard this year and now will turn it on for a contender.

These are probably my two favorite teams, I know it means a long road for the Celtics to rebuild and I am not sure it makes Dallas better.
Dallas got exactly what it needs, a pure PG.

Rondo can't shoot, and that's not a problem when you can:

A. Pick and roll lob to Tyson.
B. Pick and roll for Dirk Jumpshot.
C. Pass to Chandler or Monta, both who are effective at shooting and penetrating respectively.

I'm a longtime Mavs fan and I think this is great. I'm hoping that they get soem chemistry going. Yes, this does hurt the Mavs bench. Brendan Wright has potential, but in the past few seasons he hasn't really developed much. You still have Barea, Felton, and Aminu off the bench. Where this really hurts us in at the Center position. I would have loved to get another big man, or even possibly Kelly Olynyk in the deal.

1721 - 1740 of 1779 Posts