Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1779 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I hope your right because i really do like Dallas and hope this makes them contenders but I have serious doubts after watching every single game the Celtics played this year.

Rondo can't shoot and is scared to drive because if he gets fouled he can't make a foul shot to save his life. Monte loves to have the ball and so does Rondo. Pick and roll doesn't work great when you don't have to guard one of the two people in the pick and roll. I never have thought Rondo was very good, and he hasn't been as good as he was for years and this is easily the worst year I have never seen him. He isn't aggressive and has fallen in love with a fade away midrange shot that he hits 40% of less.

I also think you are under valuing the impact that Brandon Wright had coming off the bench. He has developed every year and is having one of his best years.

They gave up a lot of bench and I am not sure how much of an upgrade they are getting at pg.

But if any coach can figure it out Rick hopefully can and maybe Rondo just hasn't been trying, that is what I am going to hope for anyways.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
The more I think about it I think the trade was good for both teams, but better for the Celtics. I thought Dallas was a contender before I just don't know how much this pushes them one way or the other. Also Rondo can't play defense anymore, and he was never great at it to begin with, so I dunno.

·
Registered
29,386 Posts
Thanks NBA for booking the Wiz at Houston and at Dallas, back to back nights.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
The Wizards aren't contenders and the Mavs don't have a bench. Hopefully Dallas picks up another big man or two, sooner then later.

1741 - 1760 of 1779 Posts