Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1457 Posts

·
Forever Slow
7,740 Posts
That's the one I got, just waiting for it to come in the mail. I see you got the CRSX boot adapter, is it worth it? Can I use the stock ring without taking the console out and tying it with a zip tie or something?
I think the CRSX shift boot adapter is worth, but it is pricey to some since it's only a piece of plastic.

Just search on here of people using rubber rings or whatever, they have their own DIYs and stuff. It'll probably save you like $15 on buying the adapter.

And you're suppose to take off the stock ring, and to take it off, you don't have to take the whole console out. There's only a portion that covers the shifter box. Just open you cup/tray thing and pry it up and you'll see how to take it off. Really simple. I can take pics of the process if you need more help or what not, just send me a PM.

I have a pic just a few posts up on this thread. If that helps at all.

BTW, I see you are a fellow Albertan :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think the CRSX shift boot adapter is worth, but it is pricey to some since it's only a piece of plastic.

Just search on here of people using rubber rings or whatever, they have their own DIYs and stuff. It'll probably save you like $15 on buying the adapter.

And you're suppose to take off the stock ring, and to take it off, you don't have to take the whole console out. There's only a portion that covers the shifter box. Just open you cup/tray thing and pry it up and you'll see how to take it off. Really simple. I can take pics of the process if you need more help or what not, just send me a PM.

I have a pic just a few posts up on this thread. If that helps at all.

BTW, I see you are a fellow Albertan :thumbsup:
I don't think I'll get the adapter, the shipping to Canada is just too crazy, adds up to like 40 dollars. Any idea how to fit the Blox with the stock ring? Sort of like how to make it look like this?

·
Team Android
3,696 Posts
Also got me a new shift knob! Thanks Hybrid Racing :laughing:

nickel :drool:

compared to my blox

and installed
OMG THAT THING'S FUCKING MASSIVE. and I thought my Blox one was big lol. I almost got the hybrid one actually.

·
Moar Posts!!
144 Posts
Just did a swap over from stock type s boot and knob to a type r boot and a skunk2 knob.

Before.

After.

I used various DIY's to keep the boot up and it works perfect. There is no retaining nut under the knob and it fits perfect :thumbsup: Aligns great.

OH! Took only like..15-20min (never took apart the center console before :))

961 - 980 of 1457 Posts