Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1457 Posts

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
the crsx knob is like the blox but has that little piece on the bottom. the blox is just a ball. kinda wish i had a blox :(
time for you to save up young grasshopper.

or just go to fusionworks and get yourself a sk2 for 40 bucks.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
here's a fail.

no shift knob cuz i sold my old one and my s2k knob is in the mail

did a DIY red stitch shift boot cuz i was bored and wanted to learn to sew. doesn't look that good but i'm happy with it. looks good from far away but barely noticeable up close. OEM style i guess.

(yes the interior needs a cleaning/wipe down, i am aware)

·
Consultant
825 Posts
I hate to be negative but maybe you just need to get the Club CRX shift boot w/ red stitching.

On a lighter note, I think I have decided to go with the Moddiction shift knob. Well at least I have narrowed it down to their Anvil 2 knob. I can not decided between the stainless Steel(400+ grams) or the Titanium(only 255 grams). May get it with the 1-6 and R, or their logo on top, or just plain.

Any input on a Stainless Steel or Titanium knob? Will the reduced weight be noticeable since there will be less counterweight with the Ti knob? The Ti knob does not get near as Hot or cold in the Summer/Winter. Is the added weight of the SS knob that much more beneficial or am I ok with the 150g less with the Ti knob?

·
Consultant
825 Posts

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
i honestly couldnt tell a difference going from the s2k to crsx brass other than the obvious feel in my hand

·
Consultant
825 Posts
Ok, I did a lot of research on Ti and its properties. It only valuable because of it high strength and low weight. Its ability to heat up and cool dawn faster that Stainless steel is actually close to steel.

Apparently Ti has a different feel to it and is much smoother in the hand. Thats not enough of a positive for me to spend that much more money on it over Stainless Steel.

Looks like I will be getting the Moddiction Stainless Steel Anvill 2 Knob! I looked a long time for a ITR shape with a larger bottom part to it and the Anvill 2 is it, all the others are to skinny for me where to meets the shift lever. Looks weird, this one has a hollowed out larger opening to hide the top of the boot too. That will allow it to flow from knob to boot much cleaner than most do.

·
Team Android
3,696 Posts
Anvil 2 Titanium 255g Choice 1:
http://shop.moddiction.com/Moddiction-Titanium-Shift-Knob-018.htm

Anvil 2 Stainless Steel 400g Choice 2:
http://shop.moddiction.com/Moddiction-Anvil-2-Stainless-Steel-Shift-Knob-019.htm

Which one? Will be getting the regular brushed look. Do I go with SS weight, or the light better feeling Ti that does not get as hot/cold in winter/Summer? Is the 150g difference going to be that major?
The teal is sweet. Cost too many monies though

·
Consultant
825 Posts
The teal is sweet. Cost too many monies though
Well for a Titanium shifter it is priced reasonably. The problem is it a more valuble metal because of its high strength and low weight, unfortunately people want heavy shift knobs. Make the stainless steel ones look like that and you are set.

You can heat/burn stainless steel, but I do not think the colors are as near as vivid as they are on the heated Ti shift knobs. Anyone know of any good burnt stainless steel knobs?

·
Consultant
825 Posts
I thought I saw somewhere that someone burnt the Titanium OEM knob. It could be a real JDM piece I have no idea. You can find a replica or just have someone custom make one.

1061 - 1080 of 1457 Posts