Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1457 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
thanks! :thumbsup:
Question - I see your boot kind sagging a little bit since you don't have a knob adaptor zip-tied to the boot. Did that come with the s2000 knob and you just decided not to use it? I just ordered the RSX alum. shift knob from Delray (which is identical to the s2000 I believe) so I'm wondering if the adaptor and zip-tie is sold seperate? :dontknow:

·
is John
29,626 Posts
Question - I see your boot kind sagging a little bit since you don't have a knob adaptor zip-tied to the boot. Did that come with the s2000 knob and you just decided not to use it? I just ordered the RSX alum. shift knob from Delray (which is identical to the s2000 I believe) so I'm wondering if the adaptor and zip-tie is sold seperate? :dontknow:
actually thats how it designed. that adaptor came with A-SPEC RSX Aluminum Shift Knob. see plastic pieces below. when i bought the s2k knob it didnt come with it thats why i didnt sell the shift boot adapter when i sold the RSX aluminum shift knob. if you ordered A-SPEC aluminum shift knob from them it be the same like mine. "saggy' :laughing: it will come with zip tie and you will use that on the black plastic ring below and shift boot.

i used to have this.. and didnt like it..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ok, great. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The stock knob fits perfectly for my hand and I like the look of it but I'd say it's time for a change. Really looking forward to this one!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Got the RSX aluminum 6MT knob installed and I'm a little shocked how much of a difference it makes having the extra weight for thr throws. Reeeeally like it! Installed it according to the instructions and I'm still not sure how I feel having that 1inch or more of the shift arm exposed. I guess if it bothers me I'll get the rubber washer like some members have done? Not too wild about the strutking one either.

Being in southern AZ the heat might be a problem though.. I might have to cover it or something when I park somewhere so I don't burn my hand when I return.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Matching interior shift boot makes every blend together.

Mugen Shift knob

Skunk2 Shift knob

·
Super Moderator
430,511 Posts
I might just have seasonal shift knobs.. is probably what I'll have to do. We'll see..
this sounds like a good idea since this time of year it burns like hell to grab on to a full metal one haha. need something a bit more summer friendly

·
Registered
124 Posts
That doesnt look half bad. Why gold? Is the outside color gold?
Just the way the photo was taken to make the OEM knob look gold.. or a filter.. or their really is a gold oem knob that I'm unaware of, ha!

this sounds like a good idea since this time of year it burns like hell to grab on to a full metal one haha. need something a bit more summer friendly
Yea, wasn't thinking when I installed that one. Worst part? I had to cut off the zip-tie that came with the knob to get the ring back off. Sounds stupid but those zip-ties are the perfect size. FML. :sigh:

·
Registered
887 Posts
That doesnt look half bad. Why gold? Is the outside color gold?
Yea, it's growing on me! It was painted and clear coated to get that shine. I'll take more pics when's my cam is done charging. I painted it because there are other gold accents on the trim and things.

Gold flake A-pillars

Gold stock bay (soon with black valve cover)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yea, it's growing on me! It was painted and clear coated to get that shine. I'll take more pics when's my cam is done charging. I painted it because there are other gold accents on the trim and things.

Gold flake A-pillars

Gold stock bay (soon with black valve cover)
I definitely dig it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oh wow, so it's custom done? Very cool, man! I'm a big fan of the OEM knob so this is very intriguing to me. Well done!

·
05 JGM Type-S
155 Posts
A-Spec shift knob, bought from dc5_dy, then painted numbers red

Boot Bezel and Upper Retainer Ring painted red

Custom lattice vinyl shift boot with red stitching

TSX boot adapter

Photo taken with my Nokia potato

Had trouble finding a zip tie that fit, so I used two small ones

1381 - 1400 of 1457 Posts