Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

801 - 820 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey recently my RSX has had some starting issues. Sometimes it struggles to start and sometimes it just won't start but if I come back a few hours later it will start. However, after my shift ended at work my dashes started clicking and that was it. I was able to jump start it but the next day and the following days it has not been able to start. I bought a new starter from Autozone and replaced it but it still won't start. Had the battery tested and they said it was good. My guess is either they gave me a bad starter, I have a bad alternator, or a blown fuse? Any help would be great since I am an idiot, thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay, I finally got a radiator from Advance Auto. Now I'm waiting for a relatively "warm" day to install it. Great advice above.
So, while I'm waiting, I'm looking for an RSX fog light cabin harness: 08V31-S6M-20030
It no longer is carried by anyone that I can find.
If anyone knows of where I might find this, do tell. I have eBay fog lights working now but I want to put in OEM because my state requires that the fog lights turn off when the brights come on. At this time, they turn on and off when I press the switch. I'm good with that. But I want to be in compliance and looking for the challenge to install OEM.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Going over the car and coming up with the to-do list...

@ 239,000 miles:
- stock intake elbow is torn almost half way around at the throttle body
- driver side LBJ is clunking (it's seized into the LCA, and the clunking happened after trying a few different tools to separate it)
- serpentine belt looks like it needs replacing; idler pulley is making noise
- windshield definitely needs replacing
- got an oil leak, I don't know where from. Oil pan is always covered when I do a change, but it's not enough to show up on my garage floor
- should probably check/set valve lash
- CEL for the cat has been on forever; still passes emissions :dontknow:
- center lights (the ones that light up the little pictures) for the three climate control dials are all out
- lights for the PRNDL-cator by the shifter all went out at once, but I never liked them anyway... need to get a multimeter to just go through all my fuses
- I've had Stop Tech stainless lines sitting around forever; need to get around to that install, as well as new fluid. Handbrake could use tensioning
- brakes squeal even though there's still plenty of pad thickness (Hawk HPS); probably just glazed rotors
- Energy bushing install needs finishing
- needs alignment, but I need to get a front camber kit, install those bushings first, and I also want to get rigid collars before aligning as well
- A/C hasn't worked in years
- paint/body badly needs work; I'll probably re-clear the carbon hood and do some temporary rust repair this spring, but I want to redo the whole car in Champ White at some point so the rest will wait
- one of my wing mirror lenses cracked in two places from the cold a few winters back; really I'm just holding off until my respray, when I replace both sides with Spoon mirrors
- steering wheel is peeling, but I'm eventually doing some kind of two-tone with the stock black and grey interiors, so I'm not yet sure which color to replace the wheel with
- speakers and deck need replacing
- passenger door lock actuator is dead
- trunk lock actuator is intermittently dead
- all-season tires need replacing; I'm on snows now because of a sidewall bubble in the A/S's

Hah that’s quite a list.

I’m replacing speakers soon, need steering wheel leather replaced , I also need energy bashings installed, rear sway bar upgrade, new LCA and rear SFB would be nice, I need to adjust ride height on my coils and lube threads, I need to bybass the damn bose amp for eons, I need a new pair of QUALITY subs, a wire tuck would be epic, engine bay cleaning, all weather floor mats, replace rear seats with mint ones, upgrade front seats to something nice, and paint entire exterior of vehicle. Nice to have my list so now I can look at it every time I think about going out ROFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
620 Posts
Spotted a coolant leak a couple of weeks ago and at 138k miles I decided it was time to overhaul the cooling system. It's on jack stands now waiting for me to put it back together with new parts.

Someother things that are wrong: It doesn't have Mugen Sport Suspension, it doesn't have Spoon Brake calipers, the paint needs a good polishing, and I could really use some good motor mounts. I'm torn between Mugen, Vibratechnics, or OEM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here we go:
- Rear speakers and sub doesnt work, found wires are cut, gonna bring it into the dealer to fix or some shop.
- Timing Chain Skipped, currently working on replacing the whole set, code P0341.
- Suspensions blown, going to be replacing it with KTuned k1 coilovers.
- I have a oil leak, coming from the passenger side, not sure on what it is.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Here we go:
- Rear speakers and sub doesnt work, found wires are cut, gonna bring it into the dealer to fix or some shop.
- Timing Chain Skipped, currently working on replacing the whole set, code P0341.
- Suspensions blown, going to be replacing it with KTuned k1 coilovers.
- I have a oil leak, coming from the passenger side, not sure on what it is.
Start from valve cover down and wipe to see where its wetest. Next is the Vtec stuff which has a rubber gasket, then the timing chain tensioner cover, and the timing chain cover. Of course some are easy to fix and some you leave. On my Saturn, all that oil made all the work on that side of the car easy to do as it didn't rust with the oil bath.

·
Registered
219 Posts
177K, OEM radiator cracked at the top seam. Have a Mishimoto on the way.

List of procrastination items:
Right front shock squeaks like an old Chevy truck on every bump. Probably needs some lubrication.
Climate control panel lights are dead.
Sunroof drains into trunk.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sunroof drains into trunk.
That reminds me, I should probably get taillight gaskets. My wing nut holding the spare tire in place was so seized with rust that I had to break it off, leaving a tiny hole in the bottom of the trunk that I can see daylight through. I'll have to check that sunroof drainage system as well now to make sure it wasn't contributing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I recently had problems with my VTEC solenoid, got a new one put it on and it ran good for a day or two and began to act up again so I was ok I know it runs off oil pressure so I put a quart of oil in it and ran good until tonight check engine came on and I can’t go over 4K rpm. Anyone got any idea what’s the problem?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I had that 4k limiter problem and replacing the VTEC solenoid solved it. :dontknow:

Take it to a shop with a proper diagnostic scanner (something less vague than what AutoZone checks codes with) and it should be able to narrow it down for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You check your trans fluid? I had a Honda that wouldn't go into third very easily because my trans fluid was very low. Had a leak on one of the input shaft seals. My RSX also was a pain to get into third sometimes. Even grinded sometimes. Changed my trans fluid to amsoil full synthetic. Been rolling with that for about 25,000 miles now. No sticks or grinds since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
03 Base 206k miles just bought about a week ago..CEL codes p1166 (which I'm almost sure a new o2 sensor would fix) and p1076? (Which I think might not be right bc I can't find anything on it..maybe I heard the advance auto guy wrong) Also tranny whining..those are the big ones. Lots of little issues:
-fuel door latch sticking
-passenger side window detached from clips
-srs light on
-glove compartment latch broken
-locking lug nuts, no key (smh)
-Intake hose completely torn (already replaced)
-shifter knob loose

I didn't know what I was getting into but for ~1000 bucks I can't complain it runs and drives really good..welcome to the club I guess?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Going over the car and coming up with the to-do list...

@ 239,000
@ 253,XXX miles, 9.28.2019:

- stock intake elbow is torn almost half way around at the throttle body
- driver side LBJ is clunking (it's seized into the LCA, and the clunking happened after trying a few different tools to separate it)
- Now I'm noticing the other side's LBJ starting to squeak :rolleyes:
- one of the lower sway bar bracket bolt holes on the rear subframe is stripping and is slightly loose; need to cut off that captive nut and replace it
- serpentine belt looks like it needs replacing; tensioner pulley is making noise
- windshield definitely needs replacing; not cracked, just covered in tiny rock chips
- got an oil leak, I don't know where from. Oil pan is always covered when I do a change, but it's not enough to show up on my garage floor
- should probably check/set valve lash
- CEL for the cat has been on forever; still passes emissions :dontknow: new cat and both O2 sensors are on the way
- center lights (the ones that light up the little pictures) for the three climate control dials are all out
- climate control blower stopped working; looking into fix
- lights for the PRNDL-cator by the shifter all went out at once, but I never liked them anyway... need to get a multimeter to just go through all my fuses
- I've had Stop Tech stainless lines sitting around forever; need to get around to that install, as well as new fluid. Handbrake could use tensioning
- rear Energy bushings in hand, need installing
- needs alignment, but I need to get a front camber kit, install those bushings first, and I also want to get rigid collars before aligning as well
- A/C hasn't worked in years; clutch seems seized
- paint/body badly needs work; respray and color change is in the cards long-term (narrowed down to Champ White or Ford Blue Jeans Metallic)
- replaced a broken side mirror only to find out the new one's heated; need to do a full upgrade to heated mirrors even for the aim to work
- steering wheel is peeling, but I'm eventually doing some kind of two-tone with the stock black and grey interiors, so I'm not yet sure which color to replace the wheel with
- speakers and deck need replacing
- passenger door lock actuator is dead
- trunk lock actuator is intermittently dead
- window tracks need lubricating
- all-season tires need replacing; I'm on snows now because of a sidewall bubble in the A/S's
- Clocking on the driver-side projector has been very slightly off level for a while (accidentally messed that up when I was working on them), I need to get around to straightening that out so my lights are even again.
Making a little bit of progress, and adding some new things that need attention. Mileage is now somewhere in the 249,xxx's!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I replaced my my clutch now my car won’t start any ideas? I went back through and checked all wires of damage and made sure they were connected and clean as well as the ground on the bell housing. I tested spark after new plugs and it was good but the car didn’t wanna start. It was trying to backfire through the cai, I replaced the crankshaft position sensor and still nothing🏻 Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Temp guage moving on its own when idling, goes past half. temps reach about 224F before fan kicks on.. I have KTUNED FAN SWITCH. is it my thermostat? coincidence? as i just replaced my OEM rad with a aftermarket replacement, non oEm.
re-bled system too..

something in my valvetrain that sounds like ROD KNOCK.. not sure what it is.. you can hear it very lightly though...compression test (wet & dry) can tell me more??

steering knock when moving wheel left and right, mostly at standstill and while reversing or going forward from complete stop... axles? or steering rack going bad?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up my '02 Type-S at an auction last Thursday, been uncovering ghosts ever since. Got a small exhaust leak, only hear it over 6k rpm. Right CV boot is cracked, gives the oil filter directly above it a nice greasy feel. Front bumper is currently held on by zip ties and gorilla tape. Radiator is bent but apparently not cracked. Stereo was missing, got an original Honda head arriving in the mail shortly. Shift knob split into two pieces when I tried to tighten it down, but I've got a knob from my old Celica that will do for now. Miraculously, that's about it. Runs like a dream. Any advice on exhaust repair/replacement appreciated, not sure what I'm doing about that just yet.

801 - 820 of 828 Posts