Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just ordered kyb agx shocks for my rsx-s yesterday and then i run into a thread about them having fitment issues. so i think to myself "hmm that sucks" so i do i little search. what do i find? fuckin shitload of people with this problem. Now someone please comfort me here. am i guaranteed defected shocks, or can i be lucky and have no fitment issues?

·
Registered
573 Posts
2003TypeS said:
hey guys i just ordered kyb agx shocks for my rsx-s yesterday and then i run into a thread about them having fitment issues. so i think to myself "hmm that sucks" so i do i little search. what do i find? fuckin shitload of people with this problem. Now someone please comfort me here. am i guaranteed defected shocks, or can i be lucky and have no fitment issues?
The ClubRSX store used to sell them, but stopped after all the front strut fitment issues were discovered. They haven't started selling them again, which suggests that the revised design isn't available yet.

Worse yet, KYB's online catalog doesn't show anything for an RSX - in fact, while Integra works fine, RSX gets an SQL error - which suggests that the took the RSX out of the data base but didn't clean up the links to it.

I would contact the folks you ordered the shocks from and ask them whats up.

·
Fast, not furious.
2,281 Posts
can you cancel the order?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Can you return it? At best, you are going to pay for shipping. Return and don't open it!

·
Registered
58 Posts
in short, your fucked! dont feel bad tho. i have a set sitting next to my couch in my living room. i need to return them

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
k guys after a long talk with my buddies i decided im going to try getting these installed. I understand that they are a bitch to put on so im going to a shop to do it for me. Im pretty cool with the owner of the shop so he could probably do it for cheap but so what exactly do i need to tell him before the install? do i just say the holes for the front shocks are too small and may need drilling?

·
Registered
573 Posts
The easy part is that the holes at the bottom of the strut are 14mm when they should be 16mm. A drill the right size can fix that.

The hard part is that the tapered hole at the end of the steering arm that takes the tie rod end is the wrong size. I think the non-si civic tie rod ends are the correct size, but they are not cheap. And simply drilling the hole larger won't give you the taper you need.

It has been done, but it is not simple. If you had to pay for the labor, it would make a lot more sense to get one of the inexpensive coilover setups instead, because by the time you were through it would have cost that much anyway.

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts