Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
HI2U
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a buddy of mine checked my car for problems because i had problems with my vtec engaging. As he was checking around he notice that my oil was low but i just changed my oil like 1 1/2 weeks ago when i had my car for emission inspections from Firestone which they poured in high mileage oil w-seal max 5W-30 im guessing non synthetic. My dad took my car for inspections cus i was at school. Then i called up my dad and asked if they used Mobil-1 syn oil cus i told him i was going to get an "oil change" which i shouldnt cus we had a misunderstanding and he thought i was actually gonna do an oil change but i just added a few more bottles. so i kinda mixed in two different oils. And i didnt find out until later last night when i got home. Whats the worst that can happen. I plan to change up the oil later this afternoon.

·
HI2U
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I had to mix oil in the past, I had to mix Amsoil with some Mobil 1 because I had no access to Amsoil at the time

It will be fine lol, but I never heard of the oil w-seal max LOL

sounds cheap
yea it is probably cheap. CURSE FIRESTONE! :firemad:

·
HI2U
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i really need my money for other maintenance right now but would i be find until next oil change or would it be bad to jsut leave it like this for another 3k miles

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dino and Synthetic are compatible, no harm done.

There is nothing wrong with a quality dino, depending on what they put in. If they put in something good like Castrol GTX, Mobile 5000, or something, I wouldn't do an extra oil change, the hold out to the normal 3,000/5,000 whatever your typical change is at.

If they put some bargain bin, generic store brand stuff... I would probably change asap.

"high mileage oil w-seal max" wtf is that. Sounds bad, I don't trust oils that add "extra" weirdness or bottles of stop leak kinda quick fix things... usually cause more harm in the long run... maybe I would recommend changing your oil asap.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Understandable paranoia... I've looked this up myself when I had to dump different oils in my old prelude cause it was low and they didn't have any mobil or whatever I was using. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.