Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so during my oil change, i accidentally knocked over a bottle and I didn't realize it, so a lot of oil spilled out. What's the best way to go about in removing the super slickiness on the floor now? :dontknow: Thanks in advance.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Goggle "oil absobents" "oil clean up"

You'll find stuff that has a kitty litter look/consistency.

Also Dawn dish liquid soap works very well.

If any of it get's in a navigable waterway and I find out I can and will fine you. $$$$

·
photographer
2,032 Posts
hmm. this has happened before. and someone threw laundry detergent over it. we cleaned it up. and well, it worked pretty good actually. so i dont know. worked for us. =]

Reactions: SilverRSXJezus

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
btw, if it can chip concrete, do you think they would use it for cats to shit in? :bsflag:
All I know is I put some on my duplex garage and cleaned it up about 3 weeks later and there were small flakes of concrete coming up with it. :dontknow: Same stuff happened on my driveway with ice melt.

·
Complete Part Out
16,861 Posts
All I know is I put some on my duplex garage and cleaned it up about 3 weeks later and there were small flakes of concrete coming up with it. :dontknow: Same stuff happened on my driveway with ice melt.
your theory is definitely questionable... lol

just because the two had similar effects on concrete, doesn't mean they contain the same chemicals

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
your theory is definitely questionable... lol

just because the two had similar effects on concrete, doesn't mean they contain the same chemicals
Now that we're chasing this rabbit... you're right about the clay. Most "clumping" cat litters are made up of at least 60% sodium bentonite, which is a type of soft clay usually found in a powder form. However, also found in small quantities is NaCl (sodium chloride) and CaCl (calcium chloride). It's a very small ammount, but it's in most mainstream brands. Ice melt uses those two ingredients plus KaCl and MgCl for their formulas.

A special thanks to Google for all this worthless information :thumbsup:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Did cats shit in it first? You're supposed to use it clean. :)

·
Complete Part Out
16,861 Posts
Now that we're chasing this rabbit... you're right about the clay. Most "clumping" cat litters are made up of at least 60% sodium bentonite, which is a type of soft clay usually found in a powder form. However, also found in small quantities is NaCl (sodium chloride) and CaCl (calcium chloride). It's a very small ammount, but it's in most mainstream brands. Ice melt uses those two ingredients plus KaCl and MgCl for their formulas.

A special thanks to Google for all this worthless information :thumbsup:
got a source for that info? i found something that says it's used sometimes as a dessicant, but it's definitely nowhere near as high in concentration as it is in ice melter.

·
Skeet Skeet...
2,394 Posts
when I had spilt some mobile 1 synthetic, I just left it their...
and when it rained, the oil disappeared like magic...
lol...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts