Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
8" member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i figured not too many people would respond in problems and solutions, especially since its 3 in the morning. i've lugged my computer out to my car TWO times now in the past couple weeks, and neither time have i been able to actually play with any settings (rev limits or to disable the o2 sensor). i dont understand it. it wont let me upload ANYTHING. the ecu is always offline. i've tried installing, reinstalling, supposedly it is recognizing all the drivers because there is no unrecognized hardware. the green led on the ecu stays lit so i dont think anything's messed up. i'm just getting really frustrated. and yes, the ignition is on. i've even tried it with the car started. whenever i plug my ecu up to my computer though, it doesnt say "found new hardware, blah blah" in the bottom right anymore. please help. i didnt pay a thousand dollars for a program i cant use

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
corso28 said:
oh c'mon.....someone has to know something
I think the car god is mad at you for putting your PC in the passenger seat :laughing:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
corso28 said:
hahaa. stfu... all i wanna do is raise my damn rev limiter.
Sounds like something is funky with the connection if the computer is not even detecting the new hardware. Check another USB cable. :thumbsup:

·
8" member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the first time i plugged in the ecu in recognized the new hardware. but since then it hasnt done jack. but ok... i'm giong to florida now. i'll cehck this in a day or too. thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
neorobert said:
haha im sorry to go OT but is that a computer monitor inside your car in ur avatar?

Yea, he did not want to spring for a laptop when he got the K-Pro. :laughing:

We actually jokingly told him to do that in another thread...and he did. :thumbsup:

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Mine did the same thing man, call matt at hondata and have him walk you through the process of deleting the drivers and then reinstalling them.
It an easy fix, but you must do it perfect for everything to work, it was pissing me off too.

Hope this helps,
-Clay

·
Mental Midget Fighter
357 Posts
No need to call Hondata:

hit the Windows key and Pause Break
Go to the hardware tab
go to the device manager
find the Hondata Driver in the List

Next follow the instructions in the K-Manager software in teh contents of the Help file under Installation:

Important: Please install the KManager software before plugging in the ECU

1. Plug the USB cable into the ECU and laptop. The ECU does not need to be in the vehicle at this point. When you plug in the USB cable the following message should be displayed on the Windows Taskbar.

2. Windows will automatically run the Found New Hardware Wizard. Windows will prompt for USB drivers. Click on Install from a list of specific location.

3. Windows will prompt for USB drivers. Enter the path to the KManager software (normally this is C:\Program Files\KManager.

4. Windows will warn that the USB drivers have not passed Windows Logo testing. Click on Continue Anyway.

5. Windows will copy drivers, and shortly the following message will be displayed on the Taskbar.

The USB drivers are now installed.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
for some reason, the only feature that I cannot change is the idle... no matter how many times I tell it to go to 1000, it always goes back down to 750.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
zulusTypeS said:
for some reason, the only feature that I cannot change is the idle... no matter how many times I tell it to go to 1000, it always goes back down to 750.
Make sure you have updated your software to the latest version

·
b00bs
1,598 Posts
ok i had the opportunity to use a laptop today. i installed the software first, then i plugged in the ecu via usb, and the laptop didnt recognize it. any more suggestions?

edit: this is corso. and also, the laptop is with windows xp, all the works. i'm starting to think its the ecu with the problem. the hondata information was NEVER loaded and installed on this computer before i installed it the first time ealier today.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Hondata said:
Make sure you have updated your software to the latest version
The software on my laptop?? and how do I do it?
thanks Hondata.

·
8" member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok. i tried my ECU on a third computer.... the computer still wont recognize the ecu being plugged in. something is definitely wrong w/ the ecu. hondata, please respond to my email.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
corso28 said:
ok. i tried my ECU on a third computer.... the computer still wont recognize the ecu being plugged in. something is definitely wrong w/ the ecu. hondata, please respond to my email.

You need to phone with your laptop on and running connected into the car. There is only so much support that can be done by forum.

·
8" member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hondata said:
You need to phone with your laptop on and running connected into the car. There is only so much support that can be done by forum.
i'm not sure if you understand my problem..... upon installation of the software on the computer, i then plugged in the ecu via usb. none of the three computers that i have used recognize the ecu as there. i DONT get the message that says new hardware recognized. i have a green light lit up by the usb port on the ecu. thats it. i've tried connecting the ecu to the car with the computer running. i've tried everything. there is no possible way i can get the ecu to communicate with the laptop. something is wrong. i didnt spend a thousand dollars to get an ecu that i cant program. like i asked before, can you please respond to my email. i need to know what to do about this. my type-r cams will be shipped soon, and i cant install them if i cant load the itr program. if there is something that you dont understand what i'm trying to tell you, then please, by all means, tell me to explain it further. but as of right now, i cannot get the computer (any of the three) to communicate with the ecu, whether the ecu is plugged into the car or not and whether the ignition is on or not. based on the technology of windows xp, i highly doubt the problem resides in the operating system of the computer. please please please. i'm begging you. help me. please respond to my email. if you didnt get the email, it has no purpose as you now know my problem. please email me. [email protected], or [email protected]. or both. if you wish to call me 1-205-310-2133. or if you'd let me call you i'd be happy to. i'm begging you, please please. do something about this.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Hondata support

Please call us about this problem. 310 782 8278 It's going to be a lot easier to resolve over the phone rather than via email or the forum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts