Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I discovered why I have a bad banging, my intermediate pipe (HKS exhaust) is banging against the body of the car. I'm trying to get pics up but. But where the header (DCRH) connects to the pipe, About 6 inches down there is no clearance at all between the body of the car and the pipe. Anybody have any suggestions on fixing this?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
check your resonator too...also make sure the heatshield is bent away...there was a thread about this cant find it right now since im busy writing a paper
THe resonator was good, and the heatshield is good, its just at that one point. Anyway... it bangs but not as bad, I guess I'm just goona go get extended hangars for the resonator and the muffler tomorrow, that should fix the problem by lowering the whole unit down. Btw here are some pics of where its hitting:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: bought extended hangers. As of right now I have no banging anymore through any of the rpm band. But I do have a slight exhaust rattle that I will try to fix later. But for the most part all seems good :thumbsup: . And the DCRH+HKS+:vtec: = :drool:

·
Registered
271 Posts
i had the same problem. i have a jrrh and hks exhaust and thats exactly where mine rattled.....i just went to a muffler shop and they charged me 14 bucks to weld a hander to the b pipe and they screwed it somewhere under the car. so it kept the pipe away from the chassis. goto your local muffler shop and see what they can do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts