Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
*~*YunG_Dc5*~*
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here is my problem. Ever since I took out my subs and left the Amp in I been having problems with my speedometer not working, gas gauge fluctuates, and the alternator not charging the battery when driving. Right now the Dash has the Check engine light and the battery light on constantly. I have taken it to Acura and they say its fuse number 4 and number 10 so I went home and fixed that the first time and it was all good. Now just a week 1/2 later it did the same thing and I checked all the fuses, they are fine. I took the amp out and disconnected the main power wire from the batter so the aftermarket stereo is in no use. What is going on? Any help or advice would be appreciated! Thanks!!!!

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Ya, you didn't ground something properly or you left some power wire out that is touching metal and frying shit.

·
*~*YunG_Dc5*~*
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything has been taped off. I'm thinking it must be a bad ground somewhere and a load test needs to be done. Thanks Guys

·
Registered
70 Posts
Where did you have it grounded? Also where was the power wire running through?
Electrical problems can usually be traced back to something you did rather than manufacturers defect. Go through any mods that have been hooked up to power. Even if the mod has been removed, check out the wiring...

Good Luck!

·
*~*YunG_Dc5*~*
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah thats something I need to back track, the only think i can think of is my stereo and everything is about to be removed, but everytime this shit happens, its the #4 fuse that pops and I just replace it and reset the ECU for the Check engine light and its all good. I just need more time under the car to see what is up. Thanks for all the inputs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts