Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· 05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,264 Posts
Welcome, young at heart :thumbsup: Car looks boss wroth those chrome rims
I think ideally you'd want 10-15mm spacers, but if you find some 5mm ones (maybe 7mm I've heard too?) you can run them with no modifications (stock lug studs). Anything greater will require extended studs or have integrated spacer studs and nuts

2,264 Posts
Yeah, I saw that in your other posts! :love: I do have another recommendation though: Get front camber bolts (2 pair even) and adjustable rear upper arms to add camber in the front and let some out in the rear.

I got a similar although inferior suspension (A-spec) and it had recommended camber & toe settings. I figured since they were a Honda product then it can be done, right? With stock bolts? Nope. No double-wishbone here :thumbsdow

2,264 Posts
Really?? :confused:
Having a noob wtf moment. :dontknow:

Off I go to research. Thought the Mugen SS was plug and play.
Ikr? It is plug and play, so to speak, but in my experience it doesn't allow you to get proper camber settings, at least performance settings, if you in to that sorta thing. When I installed my 1" drop A-spec suspension, by front end was 0d camber and rear was -2.2d :ugh:. I can find the thread for you. Perhaps people have similar experiences with Mugen

Here's the thread: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=731571
My alignment is at the bottom :thumbsdow: (since corrected to ~-1.3d all around <shrugs>)

2,264 Posts
Just get the Ingalls or SPC. Pretty sure they make both and are sold though kseriesparts.com (the former ClubRSX store).

BTW, Kpro FTW! :drool: :jelly: It's less expensive than drugs, sex, and alcohol :rotfl: or gambling

2,264 Posts
:eek: at 5.3FD! Mine is 4.7 and is short enough! If I had a 4.3 I'd maybe consider a 5.1 (Type R) but man a 5.3 or 5.4 would have so much wheelspin I'd think! Especially if you do any bolt-ons and/or keep the stock flywheel. I know you said LSD, but dang, lol. Make sure you have some decent tires. Actually I would most definitely lighten the flywheel because it helps with having to shift like every 2 seconds (syncs up the revs faster so you spend less time shifting).

I like the wiper delete! :thumbsup:

2,264 Posts
Definitely do the fluid change. But hey, dunno if you've seen the alternative to the Ktuned shifter, which is:

• shifter bushings (under shifter)
  • shift cable bushings (tranny end, on top of it)
  • Ktuned or MTEC pivot ball and neutral return spring (in cable shifter arm)
  • MTEC tranny springs, additionally if you like (in tranny, to push cables back to neutral)

I have the first three and it helped a ton. Enough not to splurge any more on my beater. But, if this were a track car, well... Ktuned assembly no doubt, lol

I hear ya on the averse to DIY work comment and i'm only 34! :spin:

2,264 Posts
Hopefully the Mugens are better than stock. I think the price is better than Jeffery Dahmer's price but not by much.
wait, what? is that "an arm and a leg?" :rotfl:

Cemetery is near church where I was baptized, although it didn't take...lol, however it really is a beautiful structure and I have fond memories.
haha, it's all about letting it :]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.