Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been a lurker here for a while, always fun to stop in from time to time and catch up on RSX goodness.

Last week a guy blew a red light and creamed my 04 rsx type-s. I had babied this car, only 45k miles and never an incident or problem.

Today insurance called me and said it's totalled, the loss I'm feeling is indescribable. I'm not eager to see what the offer is but I fear it won't be close to the value. I wonder what I should do at this point.

Anyway just wanted to say hello to everyone and cry about this a little haha.

Attaching a pic of the carnage. :shakehead

Attachments

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
Ouch man that sucks. There are lots of locals here in the PNW that can help you out. Most of us moved to a facebook group for the chats and meet setups. But there are still a lot of active CRSX members on here and TONS of great info. If you need help let us know. And you are the definition of lurker. Join date of 2003 and just now posting ;)

Is your car still drivable? From the picture it looks like it might just be bumper, fender, headlight, and washer bottle... Probably alignment too. But of course you never know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is your car still drivable? From the picture it looks like it might just be bumper, fender, headlight, and washer bottle... Probably alignment too. But of course you never know.
Thanks Kawi (and everyone). Nah it's not really driveable, had to be towed. Impact was pretty hard but engine was running ok, mostly damage to wiper fluid reservoir, battery, headlight, etc..

Gonna be hard to replace, most of these I'm seeing have way higher miles but that's not unexpected. I shoulda drove it more. :/

·
Premium Member
430,557 Posts
wow an 03 member with only 2 posts, lurker status big time haha

suck to hear and see the car in the condition like that and only 45k miles too. i guess you can look forward to something new to drive, i know you'll take care of it just like you've done with this for so long. good luck with everything in the future man

·
4,131 Posts
Thanks Kawi (and everyone). Nah it's not really driveable, had to be towed. Impact was pretty hard but engine was running ok, mostly damage to wiper fluid reservoir, battery, headlight, etc..

Gonna be hard to replace, most of these I'm seeing have way higher miles but that's not unexpected. I shoulda drove it more. :/
Was it not driving because the fender is crushed in to the wheel? Take the fender off and inspect around the tire, see if that is causing some rubbing. Also, the rubber mud gaurd may need to be replaced. It probably isn't as bad as you think, just the insurance would rather not pay to fix it because insurance will have to spend money instead of collect... Either way, the insurance of the person who hit you should be paying for the damages, or yours pay for it and get reimbursed by his. But, if you want to sell it, I'll buy it and fix it. Or trade you my '89 CRX if you are interested. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
oh geez, someone hit my car and ran and i lost about $16k value from it since the insurance didn't give me anything. But 45k miles on that is difficult to come by. I wish you the best!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm taking the car back and having it fixed, 'operation rsx rescue'. Kind of a gamble, but f*ck it I can't give it away for $11k. Now the fun begins!

·
4,131 Posts
I'm taking the car back and having it fixed, 'operation rsx rescue'. Kind of a gamble, but f*ck it I can't give it away for $11k. Now the fun begins!
Good man. If you need help, let me know. Bumper and headlights are easy. I haven't done the fender but it appears to be easy too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well it was a long road but worth it. Was really lucky, frame & sub-frame were not bent. Got the car back today, big shout-out to BC Bodycraft in Oak Park IL for kicking some serious ass.

Was about $10k in repairs, parts list was 5 pages single-spaced, one helluva scavenger hunt. But it was amazing getting back in and driving it again, so glad I decided to get it fixed.

Have a look:

[BR]

·
4,131 Posts
Looks amazing. Great choice on fixing the car. Did his insurance pay for it, they better have? You might want to add another lug nut to that list of parts. you are missing one ;)

·
Premium Member
430,557 Posts
damn that is beautiful, love how the paint job stands out in the pics. glad you got it fix and back man, 45k miles is just too little to lose a car for, awesome for real

·
4,131 Posts
I was sad to see you were in IL now, said Seattle before and I was excited haha. Ironic too, because my buddies friend has an ABP and he was hit the same time. I thought it was you lol.

Dat sig is going to get me in trouble at work. Ever AzianK post I see, I gotta skip past quick before someone sees it haha.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.