Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
driving my dream
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried searching, but I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere.

I'm planning to get the Hondata reflash #4 for my '02 Type-S and I only have an SRI in it right now. Will I still get decent gains? I know everyone recommends I/H/E first but I want to do Hondata first. If I decide to add other mods later (like header and exhaust) will the program adapt itself to the new mods? If not, then what do i have to do? Thx

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
Type-Sly said:

I'm planning to get the Hondata reflash #4 for my '02 Type-S and I only have an SRI in it right now. Will I still get decent gains? I know everyone recommends I/H/E first but I want to do Hondata first. If I decide to add other mods later (like header and exhaust) will the program adapt itself to the new mods? If not, then what do i have to do? Thx
it will adapt just the same as a stock ECU program would. It is not custom tuned for different appplications other than you get the same #4 program everyone else gets. You can get the programable k-pro preprogrammed with #4 and tune it later if you get other mods with a laptop. Have it done professionally though. You will like it, no one here has ever been disappointed by it, best thing going until their K-pro came out. The gains are more than you will even notice, but you will appreciate the vtec dip elimination, smoother power curve, higher redline. I have the v2 and got awsome gains, CAI gets the best, and standard SRI I have no idea but the gains are probably still very good. Search

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
if you are looking to just go with I/H/E, I would just go with the reprogram and not the programmable, it is overkill for what you are doing. Having just the SRI is more than fine, you can get the Hondata now and, in fact, it is usually the second mod that I recommend people get after an intake.

·
driving my dream
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, that answers my question thx! I guess i'll go ahead with the Reflash program #4 :wavey:

·
ECU Tuner
4,287 Posts
Type-Sly said:

I would go with the reflash. Even though it is optimized for an AEM CAI, you will see significant gains even with a SRI. The primary benefit is the midrange power gained due to moving the VTEC point from 5800 to 5200. That can make a huge difference in daily driving. That means that you'll have between 15 and 25 hp more at 5,800rpm and also between 15 and 20 ftlb of torque. You may gain less at the top end, but in daily driving that doesn't matter.

One caveat: depending on the SRI, you MAY experience a power dip somewhere in the power curve with the reflash. I have an Icebox and have a rather annoying power dip between 5000 and 5200, and MnMotorNutz had the same problem when he used the Icebox.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I said this before somewhere else but i will repeat again if it helpds to convince you. #4 was the second best mod i have ever done to any of the cars i owned. Of course the first one was SPRAY AND PRAY!!! :laughing:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts