Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a rare piece? Anyone have one potentially? Seems like there hasn’t been one for sale in almost 10 years.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Might be a modified version?
Not sure, never really paid much attention to strut bars back when I was really into imports, I just vaguely remember that burnt titanium looking strut tower bar with spoon.

Just asking since I'm considering another strut tower bar. ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
What's wrong with the stock one? Are these show cars? Add one to the rear and you might add some handling.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well hey alright. I just wondered what was so special about it? It might be lighter weight..I just tend to put my money into what will add to my car. Not so much what people can see. That's just me?
Yeah man most definitely. I like bling as well as function. I think the Opak Racing strut bar is a nice looking piece. Titanium and light. To me, it adds to my car.

I’m waiting til later in the summer to pick up injectors and install my 3.2” pulley on my supercharger. Til then, I’ve just been shopping for nice cosmetic mods.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m in a United Kingdom Honda DC5 Integra Type R Facebook group and those guys have DC5s to drool over. Someone posted a bay pic of their car and I fell in love with the strut bar.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I’m in a United Kingdom Honda DC5 Integra Type R Facebook group and those guys have DC5s to drool over. Someone posted a bay pic of their car and I fell in love with the strut bar.

Far be it for me to tell you what to do with your ride! I was just curios' as to the advantage, other than weight savings. It does look nice. I guess I'm getting to old and "lazy" to keep my engine compartment pristine. Right now I'm rebuilding my engine and just want to get it back on the road. NOW about that airbox! WTF? Never seen anything like it!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Far be it for me to tell you what to do with your ride! I was just curios' as to the advantage, other than weight savings. It does look nice. I guess I'm getting to old and "lazy" to keep my engine compartment pristine. Right now I'm rebuilding my engine and just want to get it back on the road. NOW about that airbox! WTF? Never seen anything like it!
I feel you. I just had a newborn and have no time, reason why I’m waiting on the new pulley install. A strut bar is an easy install haha.

Those airboxes are so common with U.K. DC5 owners. Tegiwa is a popular shop over there that makes replica Mugen ones. I have thought about buying one but I’m happy with my Injen CAI.

How’s the rebuild going? Is it an OEM refresh or some aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I feel you. I just had a newborn and have no time, reason why I’m waiting on the new pulley install. A strut bar is an easy install haha.

Those airboxes are so common with U.K. DC5 owners. Tegiwa is a popular shop over there that makes replica Mugen ones. I have thought about buying one but I’m happy with my Injen CAI.

How’s the rebuild going? Is it an OEM refresh or some aftermarket parts?
Got an AEM V2 myself. If you have that hook up I'd be importing a bunch of Them?! Civics are still being made....Kinda like an RSX, But not! lol Thankyou for asking, it was unfortunate what happened. I had 110k on my 03 Type- S. Did a SOLID tune up on it. New injectors, CAT, plugs..ETC. It was running great! Then I underestimated a "puddle" and hydro-locked it at 7.000 RPM. Figured I could make it?
Congrat's as to your new lil' bundle! I've had 3 kids, put two through collage. I can tell you girls are 3 times harder to raise then boy's. So let me get back with you on my build as I must fix dinner. Yes it took her awhile but I am domesticated!

·
Q_Q
8,102 Posts
These Opak Ti bars are pretty rare. I do have one on my car (along with the full titanium exhaust actually) and might be willing to part with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts